1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So confused and undecided?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Gonex4xDead, Aug 3, 2014.

1. Gonex4xDead

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I recently went to my towns pride parade and it inspired me to talk to people about how I feel about myself.
    I'm a girl. And I love being a girl, but I really want to be a boy. If I were a boy I would be gay.
    My only problem with wanting to be a boy is I love being a girl way to much but there's always that part that wants to be a boy more then anything.
    Can someone please help me?

2. stormborn

have you looked into the labels genderqueer, genderfluid, or bigender?

3. Acm

Acm Guest

Well it is possible to be neither a boy or a girl. You could try looking into nonbinary identities, like genderfluid or bigender.
    Why do you want to be a boy? And what do you like about being a girl?

4. pinkclare

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As others have mentioned - there are many different non-binary identities out there that might suit you!

One thing that might help is to think of yourself 10, 20, 30 years in the future. When you're grandparent age, what do you imagine your body looking like? If the idea of having an aging woman's body feels comfortable and okay to you, you should probably keep your body as is and perhaps just explore a social transition to a more genderqueer presentation.

However, if that idea is uncomfortable to you and you feel better with imagining yourself as an old man, then medically transitioning to be a boy is something to explore further. Again, though, even if you do decide that changing your body is something you'd like, it doesn't mean you have to be 100% boy all the time and always. You can masculinize your body and still be genderqueer or otherwise non-binary!