1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

don't know what to do with my breasts

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Faolan, Aug 4, 2014.

1. Faolan

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I don't like having breasts but i don't know what i can do. I'm a twin spirit which means i am of both genders but my dominant gender is male, this means I identify as male but i don't completely shun my female side. I like what i have downstairs just fine, accept for when it makes camping difficult, but i hate my boobs most of the time. It might be dysphoria of some sort but I've hated having boobs long before i started feeling like a man, they are unnecessary, uncomfortable, they get in the way, and are only good for breastfeeding. I don't understand why humans can't have flat chests that only get big when they're pregnant like most mammals' do.
    For a couple reasons i don't know what to do with them. Firstly, I'm having less problems with them since i met my boyfriend because he loves them and that makes me feel better about them and I'd love to be able to keep them for him, I wish i could make them appear when i wanted and have a flat chest the rest of the time. This is only a small reason, my bf completely supports me getting them removed if it makes me happy and has told me not to make decisions based on him because even though we've been together 4 years we may not be together forever.
    The second problem is i don't want to get them reduced or removed yet because since i don't have gender dysphoria i fully plan on being pregnant some day and i don't know what sort of problems will be caused by not having breasts in addition to not being able to breastfeed. So I'm not going to remove them before having kids but then i don't know what to do before then. I'm also not going to do hormones because they are dangerous and not selective, i only want a deeper voice and a flat chest, no changes downstairs, no additional hair because i actually enjoy not having to shave since that's just another thing that's going to cause problems.
    The third problem is I've tried breast binding and it's almost as bad as the breasts themselves. I'd frankly rather people "see" me as a girl than wear a binder so i just stopped wearing it. I've worn a corset and it was more comfortable than my binder; i can't breath in a binder so i can't do normal things, it's uncomfortable, makes me stiff so i can't move naturally, it pushes all the flesh around my breasts out so it's obvious it's there and makes me look super weird with all these bulges of flesh sticking out around a flat area, and it slides down and rides my breasts up even though it has straps. I am also strongly against bras because they aren't healthy for you, they destroy the supportive tissue and weaken the mussels, and it seems like the binder would do worse because it's even more constrictive.
    I really have no idea what to do and i hate that it makes things more difficult and if anyone knows of anything else i can try to make it more bearable I'd really appreciate it. Even if anyone else feels this way too I'd feel much better knowing I'm not alone.
    Thank you

2. Nick07

Hi, I am sorry nobody has answered you yet. But you ruled out many possibilities...
    Perhaps try a really well fitting bra or a sport bra.

3. Faolan

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I may just need to try out some more breast binders, I'd like to know what you guys think are the most comfortable breast binders. Especially that allow easy breathing and movement.
    thanks.

4. The thing about binder is this--they are probably going to suck to some extent no matter what. Breathing should not be a problem, but I'm not going to lie to you and say that it will be really comfortable to wear all the time. It's supposed to squeeze your body into the shape you want it to be in. And that just...sucks.
    But there are a couple of ways to make them suck much less.

Measure yourself very carefully and do it a couple of times so you're sure you're getting it right.
    If you're on the cusp between sizes, go up not down.
    Don't wear it to work out. I know some people say that they do wear it to work out, but if you get one that binds the whole front panel I would not recommend it, at least not until you've broken the thing in.
    Don't wear it to sleep.
    Don't wear it all the time, give your back and chest a break.
    I hear your concerns about tissue degradation due to binding, but I have been binding (not every day, but probably five or six days a week) for over a year and I have not noticed any tissue change. I have read that this comes with long-term binding, but I imagine that the effect is somewhat mitigated if you bind only when strictly necessary (like, not at home, not in bed, not at the gym, not every day).

There are lots of styles, some work better than others depending on how big your chest is. I have a pretty large chest and always have so I use this binder from underworks. When I first put it on, it felt like I had squeezed myself into a tiny little tube of medical-grade plastic and I was miserable, but I pushed through it and once I'd worn it a lot and washed it a few times, it was broken in and softer and no longer feels uncomfortable unless I eat a lot while wearing it :lol: It might just take some breaking in before it feels better.

I don't know a lot about other kinds of binders, like the zip up ones or the clasped vest-like ones. But I'm sure someone on here will know!