1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I sometimes go into panic mode.

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Yosia, Aug 5, 2014.

1. Yosia

I uploaded a new profile picture to facebook and liked it but then i started panicing and thinking 'omg what if people comment things like faggot or whatever' and then someone posted 'does anyone notice how it says their not his?' And like i want to be out to everyone but i paniced and deleted the comment and i feel really nervous >.<

Why?

2. JustJJx

If anyone gives you any grief then they don't deserve to be in your life, you don't want people like that!!

3. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I understand, I got the panic-y thing too. I was thinking about changing mine to gender neutral because, honestly, I don't believe people will notice if there are gender neutral pronouns there. But I tried to be brave and do male pronouns. So far, no one's said anything. I've decided that if someone asks why it says "he/his/him," I'm going to not care and delete their comment. But to be truthful, I don't think gender neutral pronouns are as noticeable as switching from male to female and vice versa. Don't worry about it.

4. Acm

Acm Guest

I get nervous too. I changed my name and gender on all social networks, but only a few friends have access to those so it's not as bad.

5. ctrl alt delete

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This happened to me just yesterday. Every time I change my appearance or try presenting in a new way or do anything "different" I seem to first feel elated for a while and then panicky for a while.