1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Biologically Female but See Myself As Male - Questions

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by fromxthexvalley, Aug 5, 2014.

1. fromxthexvalley

Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm not exactly sure what thread this should go in, so feel free to move it if need be.

My birth certificate says I am female, but I see, and feel as if I should be a male. My friends call me by my male name, and when I am home I can be comfortable as a male. But my issues is, I'm afraid to start transitioning because of work, because my work isn't exactly LGBT friendly. If it was just me, I would go ahead with it, and worry about getting fired later, but I take care of my little brother and the job is all we have. I've been looking for a job thats more LGBT friendly that pays relatively the same, but it's been difficult. On the other hand, I guess I've been..getting angry at the fact that I'm still female (I guess is the best way to put it). So I am kind of...lost at to what to do.

2. Csp1993

Csp1993 Guest

Well, it really depends on what your job allows you to wear to work. Wear pants and shirts only, wear boxers instead of panties, buy a binder if you haven't gotten one yet or if you can, and if you wear make-up to work go for more natural colors. I don't have much information to go on for work. If your job has a problem with anything I mentioned above, you're probably going to have to wait until you have an LGBT friendly job. At least you can be yourself at home! Maybe ask if you can go by your male name at work if it can be passed off as a female name or a nickname.