1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

free therapy?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by jaska, Aug 5, 2014.

1. jaska

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ok so I'm looking into getting gender therapy, but I am a poor boy, and I only have $60 at the most. I live in Auckland, New Zealand, and the only person i am out to is the school counselor. She has diagnosed me with depression, so is planning to get me help for that. I'm wondering if I could plan something at the same time as that, without my family knowing. But still, I have hardly any money, and I'm trying to find somewhere I can get therapy for free, or not very much. I don't have health insurance, and health care isn't free in New Zealand so basically I'm screwed, but any ideas would be great.:icon_wink:kiss:

2. Budweiser

Have you asked your therapist about it? She would probably know better than any of us. Besides can't you talk about it with him/her?

3. jaska

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    haha well if you mean the counselor, she's the one who told me i should ask about online. She says I'm the first transgender patient she's ever met and she's knows hardly anything about this stuff so yeah. :/

4. Budweiser

Well, I can't help you too much in getting free therapy, but I can warn you.. therapists are humans, which means they can be sales predators just like those annoying mall people or door to door guys.... in extreme cases, they either keep the patient dependent or create dependency in someone who was otherwise fine. Probably mostly though, it does't go that far. But I looked online and I see a huge list of people who do every kind of therapy out there and I'm like... you just really wanna make money...

5. jaska

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    yeah it sucks cos they're supposed to be helping us right?! thx for da advise :slight_smile:(*hug*)