1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Emotions... They're killing me

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Alyssa'sTooCute, Aug 6, 2014.

1. Alyssa'sTooCute

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So it's been about 2 months of me being on HRT etc
    And I've seen tons of progress but recently the most negative one is my emotions.
    I was always an emotional person even as a guy I would cry. But now there are days where I feel choked up like I'm going to cry for just no reason at all.
    And this will last ALL DAY!
    And other days I'll be fine!
    I find it the hardest when I'm alone.
    I even take anti depressants and benzos and still not much relief from my emotions
    Is this a normal thing that will eventually die down a bit or will my emotions always be magnified like this.

I'm a very gentle loving soul even the slighest things make me upset now like watching a sad part in a movie thats never happened to me before.
    I'm starting to see the world in an entire different light that I once previously had.
    I know HRT is doing its job and rewiring everything cause the effects are definetly there!

Any advice?

2. Kelp Krunch

I'm not on HRT yet, so I can't exactly relate, but I'd say it's normal. Cisgender females deal with this influx of emotions all the time, so for me it'd be a good sign that things were progressing. I say embrace it! Do what you can to deal with the negative emotions, eat, go outside, do something fun idk. But along with that you should be getting the giddy, happy emotions too (I would think), and I think you should just find a way to manage the swings and changes.

3. stormborn

whenever my estrogen levels are highest, i get the same "feel like crying all day" thing. i'm pretty sure that's just what estrogen does :frowning2:

4. birdking

^ yeah around certain monthly times I get all emotional, it's likely what you're feeling is totally normal.

5. Alyssa'sTooCute

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah like today I feel fine it's so freakin weird.
    And yeah I do get all happy and giddy too c :
    All my friends say they see me with a smile on now and that I look 100x Happier
    And I can easily confirm that its just certain days I'm so emotional and down.
    I figured it was normal and I'm happy it is! Ill just get better at dealing with it!