1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FtM Question regarding shorts

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by RayXxx, Aug 8, 2014.

1. RayXxx

RayXxx Guest

So luckly I have some male shirts and masculine pants/shirts, but recently I've been thinking about shorts. Currently I only have pants and sometimes it just gets so hot in them. I just wish I could wear normal guy shorts. The only thing stopping me is my legs. No I do not shave them, fuck shaving. The thing is that practically everyone except my mom doesn't know about my gender dysphoria. They will think it's weird or gross if I didn't shave them, not that I should care what they think. I hate that I have to feel this way where cisguys arn't even questioned about it.

My question for you guys is whether you wear shorts out in public or not? I'm just curious.

2. stormborn

i wear shorts all the time. no one cares about my hairy legs, really. i honestly don't think many people notice when i'm just walking around. no one really comments on it, but if they do, i just kind of joke it off, or blatantly say, "guys don't have to shave their legs, why do i? fuck shaving!"

3. Budweiser

I'm a women, I wear shorts and skirts and I do not shave my legs. If you're wearing men's shorts and you don't shave your legs I really don't think anyone will see anything weird about it. You're obviously not feminine, so I think shaving would actually look weird on you. But I walk around in feminine clothing with unshaven legs and so I think you should be fine walking around in masculine clothing :slight_smile:

4. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I have stopped shaving for a few weeks now, no one cares so far and I wear shorts all the time. It's summer and I run every day, so I wear shorts every day. I wear them pretty much year round as it's hot in my school and I have a problem where I overheat easily. I may or may not shave my legs by then, but for now I'm not.

School is the only place I get a bit self-conscious at people looking at my hairy legs, but I hope to overcome that this year and not care. If I were out of school I would already be not caring.

#4 Tai, Aug 8, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2014
  5. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    do you swim? many swimmers shave to increase their times.

6. artist92

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I actually have the reverse problem lol. I can't wear shirts because people would see I shave my legs.

7. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    if anyone comments say you took up swimming and want to get the most out of it.

8. confuzzled82

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I say wear them. Don't worry what people think.

9. indie

indie Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think you misread his question, buddy. <3

10. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    wouldn't be the first time.:icon_bigg

11. asdfghjk

asdfghjk Guest

yes and i have done it with very gross legs when i was sick. anyone that cares enough to say anything outside of family doesnt matter. thankfully most people will keep the rude thoughts in their head while you rock the shorts :>

12. clockworkfox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I do not shave. I haven't in a few years. I just don't see why I should. I didn't wear shorts at first, but now I do, without a second thought. Most people don't question it, and the ones that do get the same blunt, honest answer - "I don't see why I should, it's just going to grow back anyway. It's a waste of time."

Only a handful of friends know about my gender dysphoria, but I only wear male clothes, and I bind, so I'm not concerned with how anyone I haven't told perceives me at this point.

13. Acm

Acm Guest

I wear shorts and I don't shave my legs but no one has said anything before.

14. RayXxx

RayXxx Guest

Yea I just feel nervous wearing them because I don't want anyone saying anything that would make my gender dysphoria worse. I also don't shave my armpits, lol not much there anyway, but my dad asked me "what's this?" one time while I was reaching to heat something in the microwave. It almost sounded repulsive the way he said it.

15. soupycampbell

Out Status:
    Some people
    same problem here. wearing shorts to school or around people who don't know about me being trans scares me. im getting over it slowly, because its likely people won't look at your legs and if they do you could just say you've been busy...ive used that for two years now and no one cares.:lol:

16. paper planes

I stopped shaving a few months ago, and I wear shorts regardless of what anyone thinks. My legs do get a lot of stares, but I feel like that's because of all the self-harm scars, not the hair... Whatever. I'm done caring about what people think - I love my prickly cactus legs! :-D

17. suninthesky

I don't shave mine and I wear shorts. I used to get stares in high school, but now I think I'd get stares if I shaved.

18. birdking

cargo shorts look very good on me

generally I do not wear shorts in public but it's not because of my leg hair, I have a prosthetic leg and I do not appreciate the stares. sometimes I do wear shorts though and I have gotten comments but at the end of the day, do what makes you comfortable.