1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How does everyone remove their hair?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Wuggums47, Aug 9, 2014.

?

How do you remove unwanted hair

1. Shaving with a razor

27 vote(s)
    81.8%
  2. Waxing

1 vote(s)
    3.0%
  3. Depilatories(Nair, powder, etc…)

2 vote(s)
    6.1%
  4. Epilator

1 vote(s)
    3.0%
  5. Laser beams, like a mad scientist

1 vote(s)
    3.0%
  6. Other

1 vote(s)
    3.0%
  1. Wuggums47

Wuggums47 Guest

This is kind of a funny question, but I know for a lot of Trans* people we end up having hair we don't want. How do you get rid of it? Personally I use a razer for my face, and Nair for my legs and stuff. I hate how it grows back though, I've been thinking of getting one of those DIY hair removal lasers if I ever get the money. Does anyone have experience with them, do those work? I'd also like to hear why you prefer your method.

2. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Razor for face and armpits, used to shave legs with razor but I'm stepping back from that temporarily. When the razor starts not to work on my face, I'll go get it waxed and it'll kinda be like starting over.

3. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    On the laser hair removal tools, you might look up a few customer opinions of the respective devices.
    Some are promising, but of course no guarantee though.
    I have seen a video of a transgender person who was content with it.
    They are said to work best if there is high contrast, i.e. dark hair.
    Remember the removal might be permanent.

4. I have like a battery operated trimmer. It doesn't completely get rid of hair but keeps it in check. I just can't stand the thought of being completely hairless it makes me feel sick, but on the flip side, I don't want to be a yeti either.

5. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i use a phillips body groomer plus, i remove hair from my face, chest, belly, back and pubic area as well as upper arms. i put the the shortest guide on to take my pits down without doing a complete shave.

i intend to get electrolysis for my back, because i can't reach it very well. i might get the belly and chest done too depending on how much it hurts :lol:

if i may, for those who use creams; when it (hair) grows back is it stubbly like you get from a razor and about how long till it does come back, and do you get that shadow of darker hair under the skin? Thanks.

6. SomeLeviathan

razor for the face, trim everything else that needs trimming

7. Acm

Acm Guest

Just a cheap disposable razor

8. BelleFromHell

I'm not trans*, but I get pretty hairy. I use a cheap, disposable razor for my armpits and legs. I have hairy arms, and while it's tempting to shave them, I resist it (if shave them, I'll end up looking like Chubacca later on).

I use an electric razor for my pubic area, because I don't know who in their right mind would ever shave down there with a regular razor. OWW..

9. Sorceress of Az

I hate shaving, but waxing scares the heck out of me. I have an electric razor

I don't use the hair removal creams because most of my facial hair grows on my neck and I don't know if it's safe to use them on your neck. Any body know if it's safe to use on the neck.

I also want to trim my eyebrows but I don't want to wax, is their an alternative to waxing?

10. Oddish

Oddish Guest

I shave my face with a razor, and use clippers for trimming my stomach and pubic area (because razor burn is awful). I don't bother shaving my legs or anything else.

11. Wuggums47

Wuggums47 Guest

The permanence is kind of what draws me to it actually. I'd love to never have to shave again, and I doubt I'm going to want to stop shaving.

12. DhammaGamer

I tried Nair once and ended up with painful blisters all over my legs. Never ever again.

13. WillowRose

Just beginning transition. Razor (electric or safety) for day-to-day facial shaving. Ongoing laser treatments to begin permanent facial hair removal (to be followed by electrolysis when laser has gotten as much as it can). Shaving my legs and pits, recently started waxing the chest.

14. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I usually go with a razor. Could be any kind, really. Last time, I used one of my first razors (which is actually a really good razor), and I got a little too close, so now I've got to wait for the cuts to disappear, before I shave again.

15. Hexagon

I shave my face. Leave the rest.

16. black-cat

I use a mix. Just a disposable razor for my underarms and a hair removal cream everywhere else.