1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

torn?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by jaska, Aug 11, 2014.

1. jaska

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    lately I've been really struggling with my gender expression.
    So when I'm being myself, I'm always kind of androgynous, leaning into femme kind of personality. And lately I've been exploring myself a bit and realised I'm kind of stuck. ⚠Ok so I know that I definitely feel more comftable presenting more masculine, but on the flip side I want to present feminine. When I fantasize about presenting femininely, it makes me really happy, and excited. BUT it also feels really wrong for some reason and I get this sick feeling in my gut. I don't know what to do, I don't understand these feelings, and I feel like I have to choose which path to take. The masculine path or the feminine path? I've thought about doing drag in the future maybe, but I get that wrong, sick feeling again, I don't know what to do!?
    :help:

2. anonym

anonym Guest

I think I know exactly what you mean. Before I realised I was trans, I was never particularly masculine personality wise. As a female, I enjoyed shopping for clothes, caring for animals, reading novels, and making pretty art and craft items. As soon as I started getting the feeling that I was trans, all of this felt wrong for me. If I think about it rationally, there is no reason why I shouldn't enjoy shopping for clothes, caring for animals, reading fiction and making art as a guy. However, that sick feeling you describe I can really relate to. Sometimes I forget myself and end up talking to my dog in a high squeaky voice :icon_redf :bang:. Unfortunately, I can't offer any advice because I don't know a way round it myself. I just wanted you to know that you're not alone. I think it's just a normal part of dysphoria.

3. jaska

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    that's dysphoria? huh. So happy I'm not alone :slight_smile: