1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with gender identitiy?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Pikachu PhD, Aug 11, 2014.

1. Pikachu PhD

Years ago (when I was a child), I didn't care about my gender identity... It was like "ok, I'm biologically a girl, so I'm going to live with it". But it was difficult, because society expects things and gives you a stereotype because you're biologically a girl. I had problems with my family because I wasn't feminine enough. In fact, being feminine is really upsetting for me. Whenever I use dresses or high heels, I feel bad.

Those days, whenever I dreamt about my future, I always imagined an old man, instead of an old woman. It was confusing, but I was a child, so I didn't pay attention to that.

Now, being a girl wasn't always bad, because there are some feminine traits that I like: Long earrings, liking cute things, long skirts... things that were related with the concept of feminine in society.

After much struggling, I finally got to accept that I felt better being masculine. My behavior was always related with masculine behavior: The way I talk, the way I walk... even my concept of and ideal body is masculine: I would love to be big and muscular, instead of the usual image of skinny women being beautiful.

Also, I developed some kind of breast dysphoria, and I'm really thinking of removing my breasts, because I can't stand them, they feel bad for me.

The thing is, most of the time, when I wake up, I feel masculine. But I have days where I feel feminine, and I even act more feminine than my usual masculine behavior.

I love when people tell me that I'm handsome, but I also like it when people tell me I'm beautiful.

It's getting really confusing to be me, because I don't know which way I should take. I always comforted myself by saying that I'm more me than I'm a gender.

2. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    You could be genderfluid, where your gender flows between masculinity and femininity, depending on the day. You could be bi-gender, where you feel like both genders but at different times, and you don't flow in between as much, you're just at one side or the other. Or you could be a trans male who dresses rather androgynously. That's what I got from your post, anyways.