1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dysphoria nightmare

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by MissMook, Aug 13, 2014.

1. MissMook

I had a nightmare last night. I dreamed I presented as female and I was wearing a gorgeous dress; I actually looked and felt beautiful. But then I was surrounded by people, they thought I didn't pass and ganged up on me. I woke up and cried harder than I have in a long while.

What made it strange for me, though, was that I've never had a nightmare like this before or experienced dysphoria of that level, before I came out to so many people recently.

I'm a bit afraid that by embracing my more feminine side, I've opened up a realm of obstacles ahead of me. I'm not entirely sure how to feel about this...

2. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Well this is just one way to see this...
    the people might be interpreted as your doubts... parts of you which are just nervous because you came out to so many people... which is perfectly understandable.

You might remember to remain calm... do something against your nervousness... and surely there are people out there who really like you.

I'd say just be yourself... maybe with just a little bit of assertiveness from time to time ? :slight_smile:

I found if I show a smile from time to time and remain natural, it helped...

What would make you feel more safe and comfortable concerning other people ?
    What would be the best way to react ?

Congratulations to the dream of the pretty woman :slight_smile:

3. Candace

I think that I interpreted it as having so many people not accepting you for you. That is totally fine, and it happens to all of us. Just find people who love you for you and don't worry about the rest. If you act kindly towards others, they can (assuming that they're not coldhearted scoundrels) respond back to your kindness with more kindness.

Don't worry so much about it and don't doubt yourself, please :slight_smile:. Nothing to worry about.

4. MissMook

Yeah, I have been feeling a bit nervous and doubtful after coming out; your interpretation sounds about right. I do feel a lot more comfortable and confident once I do get dolled up, so I think it's just me worrying since I haven't really presented in public before.

I think if I had a group of friends to go out with, I would feel a bit safer in public. I haven't come out to a lot of friends though, that may come after some time.

Thank you, I appreciate the encouragement. I guess I didn't dwell enough on the good part of that dream. I felt quite happy in that lovely dress, for as long as that lasted. ^___^

5. Temoshi

You know, the world is not always accepting, but this is the transition phase to come out. I feel like my coming out would do so much for change, and I have much to do yet after. So many things I want to do, and I need money to do so.

I'm rather poor, and I need to get patents. I'm currently going through college, and once I'm done I have ideas and plans. My life's problems will have to be put first until then.

But this is about you, and it's about everyone else who feels trapped or fearful. There will always be people who will be jerks, but they are scum to me.