1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Helpless

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by artist92, Aug 13, 2014.

1. artist92

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I thought it couldn't get worse. I was wrong. I just lost the ability to talk with The only person I could actually talk face to face about me being transgender. My psychiatrist, not my psychologist, was actually very supportive of me, and I talked for 30 minutes last week about all the pain it was causing me to bottle up who I am. But because I came out,my parents think she turned me trans. So now, I am no longer allowed to see her unless they sit in the room with me, since they are paying for it. I have no way to talk to anybody in person now, and I'm so alone.

2. anonym

anonym Guest

Hey, perhaps them sitting in the room with you wouldn't be such a bad idea. What better way for them to see all the pain that this is causing you and that the psychiatrist isn't brainwashing you at all, you're a woman and always have been. What do you think?

3. Kai LD

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Wow that is really inappropriate. I don't know what to say about that otherwise... I'm so sorry. (*hug*)

4. artist92

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I tried, but they wouldn't listen. I can't do anything to help . And even my psychologist told me I'll never pass, and I'll just get laughed at.

5. Kai LD

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Why would a psychologist say that? How would he or she know? Jeez! :eek: Somehow an expert? Bah!

6. artist92

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Because he told me he doesn't agree with someone acting on "Transgender desires". He is very against it, and thinks I can just pray it away.

7. Kai LD

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    With the greatest respect I feel you should find a new psych. Unfortunately your parents are not very cooperative. :confused: I'm sorry babe.

8. artist92

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would, bu†n I can't afford even gas to get somewhere, much less the therapy.

9. Candace

I'm so sorry :frowning2:. I see that you live in Georgia, like I do. I know that my campus offers psychiatrists and therapists (15 sessions) for free. You should look into a local college doing stuff akin to that.

10. anonym

anonym Guest

Is this the psychologist that your parents pay for you to see? If so, I take back what I said! Don't go and see him with your parents!

What is your current situation? Are you in full time work or college? Do you have any supportive friends? What would it take for you to be able to move out from your parents house?

11. artist92

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No work, no friends :frowning2:

12. artist92

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I cant even change therapists. My family said I need to go to one who is against my lifestyle, so I wont go through with it. That's a direct quote.