1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need something I can show my mom

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by omgitskyle, Aug 13, 2014.

1. omgitskyle

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am preparing mentally to talk to my mother about my gender identity. I barely know what to say, but I know neither of us are going to leave that room until I can, without a doubt, be androgynous. I will not let her leave until she gets it. I know I won't.
    But before I can do that, I need to actually figure out what I'm going to say and show to her. Last time we talked I showed her some responses I got from people on tumblr. Now what I plan on showing her is the comments from posts on Reddit I made. But that's not enough.
    I guess what I'm saying is, I'd like at least one or two of you to write something, or give me a link to something, that I can show her. Because she needs to understand. She just needs to. I figured you all would be the ones to ask.

2. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Some of the graphics here may be helpful. Also, the genderbread person may be helpful in explaining the difference between gender and sex. There is also this booklet that explains non-binary identities.

I hope that these help you some :slight_smile: Good luck!