1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Demigirl/boy

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Nightdream, Aug 13, 2014.

1. Nightdream

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I was looking for more information about the non-binary gender and came across the demigirl/demiboy one and since many people have been "attacking" so much the people that identify themselves as a demigender person, I'd like to know if there is anybody here that could give some more information about that. How does somebody knows that they're a demiguy or a demigirl istead of a cis person(say that they are bio-males and identify themselves as demiguys or that the are bio-females and identify themselves as demigirls)? There are some people that identify themselves as demiguy and are afab or identify themselves as a demigirl and are amab, how do they know that they're not trasmen or transwomen?

Sorry if this thread offended anyone, I'd just like to know more about this identity and maybe even end up by giving more information about it to other people. If you are a demiguy or demigirl, be free to answer these question.

2. Temoshi

Perhaps this is a dynamic of Gender Fluidity or Androgyny? Not to sound like I'm pressuring anything onto you, just curious if you've considered these options.

3. Kai LD

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    As far as I can tell when I carefully examine my own feelings on the topic... I'm not sure I have, internally, even a shred of maleness. I don't like it. I never let myself explore what I might like about being a woman since I only tried to dress once. I can't know exactly, for people born as woman, what that feels like. But I think I have a lot more girl in my heart than anything else as far as gender goes. Sometimes, I completely forget what I look like for a moment and don't feel ugly. My mental image of myself is not as I am. My earliest memories at 4 partially consist of admiring the girls around me, being friends with me and wishing I could be more like them. At some point I realized, right around the start of grade school, that I wish I'd been born a girl. That was pretty unhappy.

So right now I don't think I'm 'demi' or whatever, but I still have a lot of thinking to do.

4. Dionysus

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    ... I really need to educate myself on non-binary genders.

5. AlexTheGrey

It isn't so much that, as it tries to describe a blend of "a little male/female, and nothing else". So a demiguy would identify "somewhat male", but only just.

Again with all labels, it just tries to describe how someone identifies. There is so much variation, I think it is expected that labels will flourish as people try to find more accurate ways to describe themselves. It is also expected that folks will lash back and try to keep things simpler so it is easier to grasp.

Nonbinary.org is probably the best place to get a description. But in the end, that is all there is for a lot of these newer labels. A description that may or may not fit you. Beyond discussion on places like Tumblr, anyhow.

6. Nightdream

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Genderfluid doesn't really seems to fit me very well since I feel my gender as something fixed that doesn't change after some time, not so sure about androgyne though. I don't mind labeling myself as female, even with the fact that I face one or another thing in my life that makes me question my gender. I just don't think it's wrong at all, but I wanted to check out the demigirl label to see if it fits me better.
    Was it so obvious that I was looking for a better label for me or I misunderstood what you meant?

---------- Post added 14th Aug 2014 at 02:47 PM ----------

Thanks for the reply. Why don't you try "crossdressing"(not sure if this word is the appropriate one) in private or participanting in another forums as a female to have some idea about how you'd feel? Just a few suggestions...

---------- Post added 14th Aug 2014 at 02:48 PM ----------

Never heard about this non-binary identity?

7. Temoshi

No my apologies, I was just trying to understand your situation better. Just curiosity.

8. Nightdream

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You could've asked me if that was the case, but it's ok, I'm not upset with you.

9. Dionysus

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual

I think I've heard of it before, I've just never looked into it much. I can only really guess what it is based upon the name alone.

10. OnyxPhantom

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Well, as a demigendered person myself, I guess I can add a little bit of input.

Generally, a demigirl/guy can mean half-gender, so pretty much half girl/guy and half some other identity (It can be anything non-binary as far as I know, such as demifluid and demienby, etc.), which is most often agender from what I hear. I guess that demigenders can be put under the bigender and genderqueer umbrella.

Lots of dfab demigirls and dmab demiguys are attacked because people think that it cannot be a valid trans* identity because they still identify with their birth sex a bit, but we have to remember that feeling (or not) like two or more genders (Bigender, genderfluid, etc.) is valid too, just like any other identity. I'm sure that they know that they are not really cis because their agender/fluid/etc feelings would be apparent enough to recognise it in themselves.

I know for a fact that I am not cis, though sometimes I struggle with whether I'm just a trans guy or agender. This happens because the "amount" of each of those that I feel fluctuates (Not enough to be 'fluid' though) and then confuses me in a way sometimes I'm not sure if I'm an agendered person trying to desperately hold onto the binary for whatever reason or a trans guy in denial. But I am quite sure about my identity as a demiguy because in the end, I know that I really am a mix of the two for sure. I want a mostly male body, but not to be treated like a man, but rather a human being, me. I'd describe my feelings as a really-really watered-down male in a female body, a rough mix of 70% agender and 30% male.

I hope this was helpful and cleared things up for you a bit. :]

11. Kai LD

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks for your post Onyx it was extremely interesting.

12. OnyxPhantom

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    No problem.
    I'm glad to share it, since it isn't a very well known identity, and I think some light needs to be shed upon it for better acceptance of it and other uncommon genders.

13. Stacy in MA

I've been considering genderfluid demigirl as a possibility for myself because I never feel entirely female, or entirely male, but almost always feel more feminine than masculine (even though my situation demands that I present as a male most of the time). I considered androgyne for a while but it wasn't a good fit because I feel like I belong firmly on the feminine side of the gender spectrum. Honestly, so many of the definitions in the non-binary gender realm seem to be constantly evolving so it's no surprise that many people find the whole thing confusing.

14. mbz

mbz

Out Status:
    Some people
    At the moment I'm a demigirl and AMAB. I feel more female than male inside but at the moment I still live in my male role (hopefully that'll change soon) and I don't feel I can call myself a woman. Demigirl feels right but that might change if/once I start living as a woman. I would think that (but not sure) demiguy or demigirl in this sense can be a subset of Trans*. A pre-transitionary situation. Would those demiguys who are AMAB or demigirls who are AFAB describe themselves as Trans*, I don't know.

15. breathmints

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As a demiboy, here's my two cents.
    Demigenders fall under the bigender umbrella, being that it is an identity that can be two or more different identities in one. Demiboy simply means that you partially identify with being a boy and one or more other unspecified genders. Same goes with demigirl, but of course partially with a girl instead of a boy. There are also identities such as demifluid and demienby. I used to ID with both of those myself in the past, but have since then figured differently for myself. Demifluid means that you are partially fluid, and partially at a stand-still gender. One or more of your identities stays constant, while you may have a few others you are fluid between. Demienby is simply a type of bigender with nonbinary genders.
    That's all I got. I'm sure a lot of this was probably already covered in an earlier post.

16. Sharonme

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    First post, but here I go.
    I am a male bisexual. I am visually attracted to women and not guys, however I have just as much desire to have sex with men as I do women. Fun! When I'm with a woman I am all man, but when with a man I'm a woman in every way. I remember when I was small dressing in my moms clothes. I have done that again until I was over 60, and have just rediscovered the joy of dressing.
    I have never wanted to be a girl, in part becuase i AM part girl. I have wanted to have real breast from 14 years old. I am just now doing something about that. I always felt something was missing and I was worthless. Now developing breast, I now feel good about myself.
    I am a bisexual demigirl.
    Hope this helps

17. Lacybi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I know it's an old thread but I thought I'd give my feelings too:
    I'm afab demiflux, demiboy and agenderflux, and I sum most of how I feel up into "I'm sort of a boy but not quite". I prefer being seen as a boy and strong and someone who doesn't cry. I like masculine clothing and short hair and I like being called Seth instead of olivia. At the same time though I like being treated as a mother to my siblings, I like my red hair clips and my 1950s style skirt. Purple is still my favourite colour and I'm neat and dainty. Most of my friends are girls and I feel safer with girls. I don't like my chest but I don't want any surgeries or to go on hormones. At the end of the day, when I'm wearing my skirt and eyeliner, I'm almost a boy in them. When I'm by myself I'm not any gender; I'm just me.

18. NotCisHuman

Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm an AFAB demigirl. The only way I can describe it is that I'm kind of a girl. It's really a feeling that I don't know how to explain. But, it is. I don't understand what it feels like to be a guy. Gender is weird.

19. XxAlexanderxX

Out Status:
    Some people
    I remember once someone asked if I was a guy or a girl, and it's so much easier to just say I'm a FtM trans person than a demiboy. Whenever I start explaining being a demiboy to people, they typically laugh. I think people just don't think it's a valid thing. I feel like a demiboy because I don't feel fully like a guy and sometimes feel genderless. If I had to choose between identifying as a guy or a girl I would choose guy, but I also enjoy just being me and not fully identifying as a guy. If this makes any sense XD That's my perception and experience of being a demiboy.

20. A GayLesbian

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    For my knowledge, a demigirl is a agender (doesn't care abput gender expression) person who has preferences over being feminine. Demiboy is the same thing but with masculinity.