1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nervousness and Undies lol

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by jaethenomad, Aug 14, 2014.

1. jaethenomad

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So ive been a tomboy since forever and just in the last year or so I really started to express my "dude" side...as in not just rocking guys clothing, but developing a strange obsession with boxer briefs. I just feel so BOSS wearing them :wink:

Its seems though that whenever I go shopping even when its not crowded, I always kinda freakout and feel like people are watching me pick a pair out n whatnot. So its been bugging me lately, if I enjoy wearing boxer briefs, why do I care whos looking? Will the nervousness end? Cant it be like im buying a book or some groceries or a videogame or whatever?

Any advice to just relax and have fun shopping?:icon_bigg

2. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Most people will probably think you're shopping for your boyfriend/husband, if they think about it at all. In the years I've spent shopping in the men's section, for everything from button-down to boxer briefs, I've never had more than a quick curious look - and yep, the nervousness ends. When I first started buying men's clothes, I was always so nervous, but I quickly learned that nobody cared. :slight_smile:

3. wanderinggirl

Boxerbriefs are the best things in the entire world!! It took me a while to fully embrace my obsession with them though. My endeavor to rock some "men's" underwear was one of many setbacks:

1) My first time trying to buy them in store I looked at the rack, slowed down a bit... then walked right past them. A guy stood right there and I felt like *he knew*.
    2) I ordered a pack online, deciding it was the safest option. I was soooo excited about the colors and patterns that came in my 4-pack, but incredibly nervous that someone would see them. I tried them on... and they were way too tight. I freaked out and threw them out. (I still feel bad for being so wasteful.)
    3) I ordered some women's underwear (boyshorts of course) but they just weren't the same. Too skimpy, too pink, too lacy, not enough of a waistband... those were my options. My cravings were not satiated.
    4) 10 months after incident (2) I finally embraced my desire for boxerbriefs. It took me another month of shopping online before ordering them. I found a ton of fun colors and patterns; I ordered some (sizing up from incident (2)'s selection) and went on my merry way.
    5) I ordered some more because they were so awesome.

My bank account is none too happy with me but my butt is like "omg thanks this is awesome!" and since I look at my butt more than my bank account I am pretty happy with how this turned out.

My advice:
    -Look at size charts. For reference, I'm a size 6 women's (30-32 men's) and I am generally a medium in men's bottoms.
    -Plenty of (straight) women buy them for their boyfriends; people might not look at you twice.
    -It'll be worth it, they're so awesome, just think about that when you're shopping.

4. asdfghjk

asdfghjk Guest

Yeah like don't hesitate to look at size charts, people will assume you're there for your brother/dad/boyfriend/husband/fiance/nephew/etc/whatever! Think of it like you're buying headphones or something, you're just looking around to see which ones you'll like best, in fit and style and design and practical usage....

Mens briefs and boxer briefs have the COOLEST/CUTEST designs so I basically park in the aisle for awhile on a good day. You get over that feeling after awhile, but until then take comfort in knowing they will assume they aren't for you, you're just a sweet sister/daughter/girlfriend/wife/aunt/etc. picking this stuff up for your boy/man!

5. Candace

Don't worry about it. You could just be buying those for your boyfriend. They're not going to ever ask you why you're buying them to begin with :grin:. As a male, I will say that boxer briefs are extremely comfortable and have endless possibilities in terms of designs. :slight_smile:

6. MindvsHeart

MindvsHeart Guest

Ah, whenever I'm in the men's section I don't really get weird looks, it's more like I'm the one making myself nervous. I went out and bought a pair of boxers a while ago and it was the most nerve-wrecking experience ever.

I walked over the where all the boxers were and I legit just stood there for 15 mins lecturing myself that it was ok to be there. I can buy any kind of underwear I want and that I'll feel fantastic wearing them. After that, I got the courage to pick out some boxers, and other stuff...lol and then went off on my merry way to self checkout. :3

It was liberating and I do feel great wearing them.

7. Ada M7

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    No one will think twice. It's all in your head. Think about it, stereo-typically, men don't like to shop, women do. So everyone assumes A) you are shopping for your BF or B) Doesn't care anyway. I've seen countless women in my section, even fought one for the last pair of baby blue boxer briefs once... Never occurred to me she might wear them... Lol.

With that said, I recommend Express boxer briefs. Not the cheap ones, the ones that are $20 a pair. The most comfortable I own.

8. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've walked into stores and bought panties before as male. Some stares but in the end the cashier must have seen that before, doesn't care or would forget.

But if you go out presenting male, people don't look twice.

9. stormborn

i had the same thing today... no one cared that i was buying boxer briefs, but i was so nervous anyways. i just hate buying underwear in stores... maybe i'll start buying online instead :lol:

10. jaethenomad

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks guys for all the advice :grin: I just went to target n got 2 pairs of awesome mossino boxerbriefs (size xl) super soft, fit like a second skin. Cool smores print lol too! And only $6

11. Damien

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Oh, bless the soul who invented those self-checkouts. I got an obviously girly top in that manner. No-one notices or cares what you are buying, when you go through the self-checkouts. :icon_bigg

12. Takine

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I honestly cannot believe boxers were made for men, I hate the things! Everything just hangs and just... there's a draft, I really dislike them.
    But it's good someone likes them! Enjoy!
    I could never wear women's underwear...where would it all go?

13. MindvsHeart

MindvsHeart Guest

Self-checkouts are my favorite part of the store (lol besides the clothes, etc). It only gets a bit awkward when you're self-checkout machine has a malfunction and you have to call a worker over for help...:eusa_doh: