1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Health questions about HRT

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Jinkies, Aug 15, 2014.

1. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So I've been meaning to get to typing this for a couple days. Mom helped me move out of the apartment unit I was in, and she decided to take the responsibility of getting all my clothes, and since they were all clean, she also found the clothes I'd been "cross dressing" in.

After calming her down, letting her know that I'd not stolen from anybody, we had another brief talk about transitioning. I told her I'd been thinking about doing some HRT for quite some time, and she brought up something she had before.

As I've said in an earlier recent thread, my liver isn't quite the best. So neither of us know whether any HRT medication would be detrimental to my liver. I know askin a doctor is probably the best idea, but does anybody here know if it might be?

2. Acm

Acm Guest

I know that taking HRT via pills is bad for the liver, but I'm not sure about other types.

3. earthlvr510

Are you FAAB or MAAB? As for T, its only been shown to be potentially damaging to your liver if ingested, the injections havnt been shown to have an effect. I don't know anything about estrogen though.

4. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I dunno but I'm starting to look into this...

5. KayJay

If you take it by pills it will put strain on the liver, which is definitely a concern I would imagine if you have some sort of liver problem already. Injecting it does not carry this risk, though the other risks regularily involved are still there as far as I know. The big one being risk of blood clots in the legs.