1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I actually know a non-binary person in real life! :D

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by justjade, Aug 16, 2014.

1. justjade

I got back into contact with one of my exes. She told me that she's bigender, but she leans a lot toward MtF. I dated her when she was a guy, and we still have a lot in common. She's really amazing but also really closeted. In her guy days, she actually used to wear makeup sometimes, but now she doesn't. I think it's because she's more conscious of her gender now and is nervous about people possibly finding out. But anyway, she's gorgeous, and it's so cool to actually know someone who's bigender. I'm learning from her about how she likes things. She goes by Brandon in "guy mode" and Brandi in "girl mode". I used to hate the name Brandi, but I think it works for her.

I'm the only person she's come out to, and I'm so happy for her. Just thought I'd share because she get me. She takes me seriously as a man. And I take her seriously, too. It's a shame she lives so far away from me. She's in Kentucky, and I'm in Northern Ohio, which sucks because she's such a self-esteem booster. She even told me to text her first because that's the guy's job. While I don't think that's necessarily true, I'm pretty over the moon about it. :slight_smile:

It's just awesome to know that one of my long-time friends is in the trans boat with me.

2. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    That's great! :grin: I don't know any trans people besides EC members. All of the LGBT people I know are bi. I'm happy for you. :slight_smile:

3. stormborn

that's fantastic! when i found out another transgender guy was in my band in high school, i was so surprised, i was starting to think transgender and non-binary people didn't exist where i live :lol:

4. justjade

Me, too. Statistically, only 0.03% of the population of the US (I think) identifies as transgender, so we're pretty rare. I'm not sure if that stat included non-binary people, but I figure there are even fewer of them.

---------- Post added 16th Aug 2014 at 11:05 PM ----------

For the longest time, I didn't either. The only trans guy I know in real life (if you'd call it that) is a guy from Wisconsin that I've never met.

5. Yosia

I have told quite a few i am non-binary, i am open aboutit but people usually just think im weird XD, my best friend is also trans MtF ^^

6. Hexagon

That's cool.