1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is this... dysphoria?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by iamjustababy, Aug 18, 2014.

1. iamjustababy

iamjustababy Active Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Basically, almost everything that physically makes me a girl makes me uncomfortable, between my hair, my hips, my chest, curves, it's really getting to me, but at the same time, I love having these things, they're part of who I am. This is stressing me out and confusing me, I hate to admit it but don't understand what I'm feeling xd

Anything would be appreciated.

2. itsAli

he definition has been jumbled over the years
    What it really is:
    "While biological sex and gender identity are the same for most people, this is not the case for everyone. For example, some people may have the anatomy of a man, but identify themselves as a woman, while others may not feel they are definitively either male or female.
    This mismatch between sex and gender identity can lead to distressing and uncomfortable feelings that are called gender dysphoria. Gender dysphoria is a recognised medical condition, for which treatment is sometimes appropriate. It is not a mental illness. Adults with gender dysphoria can feel trapped inside a body that does not match their gender identity. They may feel so unhappy about social expectations that they live according to their anatomical sex, rather than the gender they feel themselves to be. They may also have a strong desire to change or get rid of physical signs of their biological sex, such as facial hair or breasts."

What people like to say it is:
    "An extreme hatred for your body, a feeling of disgust towards the gender you were assigned at birth" And because of this lots of people overlook that they have gender dysphoria.

I am a very curvy boy, I have large boobs and big hips, I have an hour glass figure. I can appreciate that this is attractive and desirable, and if I identified as a girl, I would love it, however to me, I feel like I'm just piloting a robot/shell from the inside, I feel like the body I'm using isn't actually connected to me, and I need to work to make it better reflect my gender (Male)

3. iamjustababy

iamjustababy Active Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    thank you for your answer, I understand a little bit better now ^.^

4. itsAli

Feel free to talk to me if you need anything, I'm always here to help :slight_smile:

5. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Physical vs social dysphoria are two different things. I've rarely had body dysphoria but I have social dysphoria all the time. It's a feeling that while I am ok with my body, I want to be perceived as the opposite sex from my birth. I want the gender connotations that come with being female. That's what I have.