1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brand New and Confused

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by PurpleNinja, Aug 18, 2014.

1. PurpleNinja

I've been trans as far back as I can remember. I grew up thinking gender said "girl" or "boy" and that was it. No arguing. It was only recently that I found out from the internet that you aren't necessarily the gender you were assigned at birth. I remembered all those times I wished I could be a guy. Those feelings had been getting stronger, even to the point where I regularly dreamed about becoming a guy. I took a couple of official tests online and all of them told me that "my answers indicated a very high chance of having gender dysphoria."

Since then I've been trying to research as much as I can about myself, but it's all very confusing. If anyone could direct me to some informational websites that'd be absolutely amazing.

I've also been thinking of just coming out to my parents, but I'm still confused on that, too. I don't want to keep any secrets and add any more stress than there already is, but both my parents and I have no experience in any of this and I'm afraid of something unexpected happening. If anyone could give me advice on what to do I'd very much appreciate it.

2. Acm

Acm Guest

3. Lucaaa

Out Status:
    A few people
    You and I are more or less in the same boat. Try checking out Youtube for FTM videos. Those alone gave me a lot of feelings to relate to and a lot of keywords to look deeper into. After you familiarize yourself with the process of transitioning (or the various ways you can transition), it's just a matter of picking the things you feel suit you best. Some guys get top and bottom surgery, others only go for one or the other, and still others are able to pass without any surgery. Some guys undergo hormone replacement therapy (HRT), others choose not to.

I can send you some of the links I've found, but a little later since I'd have to gather them all up first, it's late at night here, and I'm sleepy -_-zZ

I'm curious, where are these quizzes you took?