1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Surprise...

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Leonardo, Aug 18, 2014.

1. Leonardo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This is my trans experience...

So I came out as bisexual not so long ago, and despite all my panicking and whatnot the whole coming out stuff went fine. I mean, some people didn't like it, but that's life. And then, just as I thought the big scary questioning period of time was over for me, BAM!

I shouldn't have been surprised really, I'd always wanted to be male as a young child, always pretended to be a boy when we would dress up and play. When I was 8 I'd wear my brother's old clothes and generally be a tomboy. But that's what I told myself, that I was normal, just a tomboy. In retrospect, I realise that the way I'd wished and dreamed of being male wasn't exactly normal, but hey. I was only young.

As I grew older and I reached secondary school I stopped being so tomboyish, due to social stigma, and started to hang out with girls more. I wasn't ever girly, but I was feminine enough not to be teased. Inside, however, I was still the same person and the pressure to be girly, to fit in, was... difficult. I had severe self esteem issues that I now link with dysphoria, and am currently still suffering from depression.

One day I saw a conversation in which gender identity was discussed, and it brought out the part of me I had hidden from the rest of the world. I had refused to acknowledge it until very recently. In secret, I dressed as a male again, dreamed about haircuts and people calling me Leo. It was honestly a very euphoric idea to me, and I realised that I was so happy, so comfortable as a boy. I still wished for it, but I had locked up those dreams in shame and confusion.

I have honestly just started to come to terms with this, but I am identifying as transgender. It makes me very, very, very happy, and I hope that'll be enough to make my family accept it... I don't know.

If you feel comfortable, share your stories below. I'm very interested :slight_smile:

2. Ryujin

Good luck to ya!

Are these just trans experiences or any?

3. Leonardo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Any at all. And thank you.

4. Ryujin

Tell a tale of coming out shall I. (I love old English sentence structure, it's so god Damn beautiful)

I think I came out to soon, to be entirely honest. I didn't give it enough thought and came out as bi before I was as even certain. This of course, lead to me being very stressed for the last few weeks. Fortunately my friends and school were all very accepting and I don't think it'll be hard to tell them that I just prefer not to have a label, that's all.
    Recently, my dad found out and after talking about it, he sent me an email which put me into a state of just nothing but worry as I wondered if I was right or wrong which is something that stuck with me over the last few weeks.
    Last week I was on holiday and the desire to out myself as bi was so great when talking about girls and crushes and stuff with my cousin and brother. Thankfully I didn't, because reasons.
    After that holiday, like the other day, I realised I don't need a label and have just been calling myself Queer or "Whatever Currently Fits" which has made me a lot less stressed and a lot happier than even my usual self.
    There :slight_smile:
    That's my story :slight_smile:

5. Leonardo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think it's great you are comfortable without a label, and I envy you. I'm too much of a control freak to be able to do that, I have to label myself in every possible way... I think your attitude is a lot healthier for the mind.

May the odds be ever in your favour :slight_smile:

6. Ryujin

I used to be like you, obsessively labelling myself, but the attitude I have now, I agree, is much healthier for me and has been making me feel a lot better. Thanks God, I had to get out of that state. I don't think I've felt as bad as you have, suffering from depression and all. I hope you're able to feel happiness here, with my jokes, and everyone else's actually decent sense of humour.

7. Leonardo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's an escape for me; the people like you on here are great, they make me relax. Which is surprisingly hard. I'm extremely glad you're no longer so obsessive, it's not good for your mental health. I would know :slight_smile: It gives me hope that I might stop one day. Your jokes mean a lot, they give me a sense of happiness that I don't often get in real life. So thank you very much.

8. Ryujin

I'm always glad to help and so is my sense of humour, aren't you boy?

Sense of humour : So, flipping, Meta.
    <----------

---------- Post added 19th Aug 2014 at 04:31 AM ----------

I do think the same, that the people of this site are so nice and willing to help you and I've made so many good friends like you, love don't judge, Nych, Co all these amazing people who I would never have met if I hadn't joined.

---------- Post added 19th Aug 2014 at 04:50 AM ----------

Badumtish

#8 Ryujin, Aug 18, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2014