1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Clothing Question

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by twospiritlycan, Aug 19, 2014.

1. Is it best to start wearing girl clothes when winter comes around?
    Just so it won't be too noticable when I go to school. I'm feeling more inclined to go crossdressing lthis way instead. I mean, I have a pretty blue jacket I'd love to wear but couldn't because it's summer, and I finally got some jeans and a couple of shirts to go along with it.

How would I prevent facial hair from leaving something like a five o clock shadow?
    Is that sort of thing permanent? How long does it take for it to go away?
    I never really experienced something like that, but I'm afraid of letting my facial hair grow and shaving it every so often. I thought about Electrolysis, but it would be awhile before I could afford it. During that time I get scared that I make my hair worse because I tweeze it out a lot. It didn't seem to bad until I found out that sort of thing can cause ingrown hairs and thicker hair to grow back.

How does one know what to do with hair accessories?
    I honestly have no idea what I'm doing with my hair. I kinda stopped bothing with that, but I want to wear so many different kinds of accesories. Problem is I see other girls wearing them, and I don't know how they managed to keep it there. I don't the proper functions of each one. It's like a whole new thing I have to learn.

I don't know what else to ask beyond that. I guess that's all I have to ask. Hopefully this post is readable to anyone.

2. Yosia

If thats what you are most comfortable with then go for it, i guess you could wear jackets in autumn though? ^.^

I dont have a clue about this and i need help on it too lol, maybe waxing i guess?

And what accessories are they? I kinda understand them all so just message me on what you need? lol. ^.^

3. Candace

I mean, if you want to, then by all means go for it! :slight_smile:. My question is, do you want to be noticed by your peers? If so, then winter probably wouldn't be the time.

4. Ada M7

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I'm in the same position, sort of, except out of school (not sure if you are MS/HS/University) and maybe some other things but...

I've given up on my hair for the time being as I have zero interest in wearing a wig. I might just keep my hair short. In regards to facial hair, I shave daily, with the grain, then right after, against the grain. Then apply Witch Hazel w/Aloevera and after-shave cream to prevent ingrown hairs (have not had a single bump on my face doing this every day).

I've a few custom "shorter" kilts in non-traditional colors I am about to order so I can get used to the feel/image of a "skirt" before I move to more feminine skirts. I also am looking for female hooded long sleeve shirts, you know, the kind of shear, tight fitted long sleeve shirts that go over another layer? That way I can wear them in darker colors and not really stand out.

I've also looked at women's jeans and some more unisex looking ankle boots. I figured that would be more discrete. I'm not small though and I really haven't had the means to see what 'fits' and what doesn't yet due to lack of funds.

I'm figuring it out myself. It's all kind of confusing. Luckily, my GF is supportive and I can be like, "babe... wtf is this?"

#4 Ada M7, Aug 19, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2014