1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Transguys- jeans shopping? Tips?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by uppercasejace, Aug 19, 2014.

1. uppercasejace

hey, I've been having trouble finding jeans that fit me right. Juniors jeans typically make me fell very uncomfortable because of the way they hug my feminine features. So usually no luck in the young women's section. And when I look in the guys section I usually cant find anything that fits. The smallest sizes are usually 29s... and they're too big for me. keep in mind that I am very skinny and only 5'3. And I don't really quite understand how mens sizes run..... any type of tips or anything would be greatly appreciated :slight_smile:

2. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You could always try in boys sizes and see if those fit. You would probably have an easier time finding jeans to fit you there.

3. suninthesky

The trick to finding jeans is to try on a TON. Just keep trying more and more on, different sizes, even if they don't look like they'll fit. Since you're smaller than a 29.. you might try Ross if you have that in your area, they sometimes have small sizes. Boys section is good too. I'm 5'9'' and I still have bought stuff in that section. Lastly - thrift stores are the ultimate place to find a random pair of really well-fitting jeans.

4. wanderinggirl

American Eagle has down to a 26; so does Lucky Brand (at a higher price point).

Online, you can check ASOS and Topman for smaller sizes (down to a 26).

Hope this helps!

5. Ada M7

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    My brother is that height. Until he started lifting weights, he had to shop in the boys department. No other way. Once he bulked up, he easily could get into men's sizes.

6. Lucaaa

Out Status:
    A few people
    Assuming you're in the US, men's sizes are genius in that the sizes reflect the ACTUAL MEASUREMENTS of the person wearing them. (Sorry, but I've always hated idiotic girls'/women's sizing.) I believe the first measurement is the waist, and the second is the inseam? It's either that or the other way around. I think if only one measurement is there, it's the waist. All you have to do is measure your waist and voila, that's your pant size.

This link might be useful: How to Measure Your Pants: 12 Steps (with Pictures) - wikiHow

I'm about the same size as you; you might actually have to shop in the boys' department for jeans if you can't find any that fit you in mens'.