1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unsure of gender

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by omegasam98, Aug 20, 2014.

1. omegasam98

omegasam98 Guest

Biologically speaking, I am male. Everyone I know has always referred to me as a male. I do act male sometimes, but some times I feel more like a girl instead. I some days I feel like a girl more than I do than I do a boy, but I do not express it, due to me still being in high school. I've always noticed that whenever somebody refers to me as Samuel (My name), I get rather upset and try to correct them to Sam. It's not that I don't have bad feelings towards Samuel, I just would really prefer to be known as Sam, but I'm not sure if that's part of my gender identity. I also notice that on the days I feel more feminine, I catch myself eyeing the dresses in the stores. I do own a small amount of female clothing, mostly underwear that nobody sees me wearing. I've already told my girlfriend than i enjoy wearing girls clothes some days, and she has been rather supportive. I'm just not sure what I'm labelled as, but I know i don't want to be a girl every day, but neither a boy. I just want advice on this from somebody more knowledgeable, as I am only 16 after all.

2. Yosia

Maybe you are genderfluid? It sounds like it. ^.^

3. darkcomesoon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It sounds like you are probably genderfluid or bigender.

But you might just be a guy who doesn't conform to stereotypes.

On days when you feel feminine, would you want to be referred to, seen, and treated as a girl?
    On feminine days, do you feel uncomfortable being referred to or referring to yourself as male?

4. MelMel

Sounds like you could be bi-gender! But this might be something you need to find out for yourself :3