1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

posture stuff

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by jaska, Aug 20, 2014.

1. jaska

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've had problems with my posture ever since my chest started to grow. I tried to hide it and got into the habit of slumping over and hunching my shoulders. These days it's really starting to affect my spine and things, but at the same time I'm becoming more and more dysphoric about my chest, and I won't be able to get a binder for at least a few years. Or until i come out. But I'm not even sure if trying to improve my posture will help because it will only make dysphoria worse and ill just want to slump more. I'm really stuck on what to do, and wondered if anyone else has been the ought the same problem. Any ideas would really help thx(*hug*)

2. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Get a lumbar support back brace thing. A cheap way to do that is actually roll a towel into a cylinder and put that behind your lower back. It will help you sit up straight.

And stop bending your neck down to constantly text. Don't tell me you don't. You're a teenager.

3. ctrl alt delete

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Some simple yoga stretches/exercises for your back would probably help. If you have bad posture its usually more related to your lower back then your upper back I think. I had bad posture for years after developing it in my teenage years. afraid I can't comment on your chest dysphoria, is baggy clothes an option?

4. Nychthemeron

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm going to a chiropractor for this reason. It's helping. I guess.

Can you bind? It may relieve some of the dysphoria. If you don't have a binder, maybe get some tight (but not too tight!) bras.

5. Acm

Acm Guest

I do this a lot too, my mom has even started getting mad at me for slouching