1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brother transphobic?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by AJ2014, Aug 20, 2014.

1. AJ2014

I was watching big brother (its lame but a good kind of lame) and there is a trans-woman in it and someone was talking about her in a good way to someone else and the woman talking about her used she and my brother said she meant he so I corrected him and said no she is transgenderd so he said hes had a sex change I said yes he siad thats gross. I've been questioning my gender for a while now and it did lead to self harm which I stopped and a month or so ago but what he said made me so upset I cut myself again. I dont really need advice I dont think but needed to get it of my chest. Thanks for reading.

2. Edra

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    We are more then happy to read about the problems are are having atm. I would like to say maybe you could come here ant talk about such things before you resort to self harm. But ether way its good to have a place like this to get things off your chest. My self and others are always willing to talk.

3. Nychthemeron

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I get that. It's frustrating and tiresome.

I know you weren't looking for advice, and I know you have heard this many, many times, but please don't cut. Try to find an alternative. Hold ice, distract yourself - things like that. I know it's tough, but cutting is a risky behavior, both socially, mentally, and physically.

But, whatever you choose, know that we're always here to listen. I hope things get better, and I hope your brother will come around. (*hug*)

4. Acm

Acm Guest

Feel free to vent whenever you want, we're always here to listen. :slight_smile:

My brother once told me it would be "weird and gross" if I wanted to be a boy, so I kind of understand how you feel. I don't understand why people feel the need to be so openly hateful, they never know if they might be talking to someone who's closeted.

5. AJ2014

Thanks all Nychthermeron- when I distract myself the feelings come back worse letter but the ice might be a good idea. I think it my brother saying that tipped me over the edge cus of other stuff like GCSE results tomoz and other stuff thanks again all