1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm confused.

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by jaska, Aug 23, 2014.

1. jaska

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm really upset right now I don't know what's wrong with me. I know that presenting female feels very wrong, but presenting male is even harder. i feel really ashamed, and feel like a wannabe and I feel so dysphoric and disgusting and ugly. Is this normal? I'm having major doubts right now and thinking of just giving up. I thought presenting more masculine would make me feel better but it dosnt. I hate being in this awkward limbo between girl and boy, I just don't know if this is normal to feel this way. :help:

2. Lucaaa

Out Status:
    A few people
    This limbo is totally normal, or at least I hope so because I'm feeling similarly...

Maybe you're just using the wrong presentations of either gender for yourself? There are so many different types of men and women. Compare Angelina Jolie to Natalie Portman to Felicia Day. They give off totally different essences.

It might just be that you need time to let this sink in.

Don't try too hard to present either way; don't dress or act how you think you're supposed to act. Wear and do what you're naturally drawn to, or what you enjoy, and try not to worry about how you're coming off to others right now, in this limbo where you're figuring yourself out.

3. stormborn

i definitely feel the same at times, though less now than i used to.

4. Raatox

This!

I totally understand what you're feeling. What helped me was to try not to worry about what others think (oh, what a cliché :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:). Try to find out which clothes you LIKE and wear them, regardless of if they are considered male or female or both. Try to find clothes that make you happy wearing! perhaps in your favourite colour or material or a cut you're crazy about.

5. jaska

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    oh thank god im not the only one. Had a crap afternoon, so this literally made my day. advise sounds good guys thanks :slight_smile: