1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

trans names

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by FtMart, Aug 24, 2014.

1. FtMart

If no one in ur family has multiple middle names and u can choose ur name would u use multiple middle names if you couldnt choose between two or just if u could? Would you feel out of place for having more middle names than ur family or siblings ect?

2. Edra

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Not sure if I entirely understand your question TBH. But I don't like multiple middle names, I am not even keen on having one. But that is just me as for a name I would just get a legal change to the one I want.

3. Princess Danica

I have 2 middle names, and I've only met 2 other people that have more than one middle name. Personally, I hate it, not only because it makes me feel abnormal in a bad way, but also because any form I fill out only has room for ONE middle initial and I always ask "uh, hey what should I do?" lol if I could change it to just one name, I would.

Also was this the right answer for this? The wording in your post was hard to make out.

4. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If I transition 24/7? I may keep my middle name after my father to honor him at least.

My birth name is unisex so I'm quite ok with this.

5. alwaysforever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My name is long enough without a second middle name. I won't say what it is, but in total it is 30 characters if I write out first, middle and last name. What I did is choose fairly practical first name that goes well with my last name, and then chose a middle name that I don't use for every day things but is special to me. That way I am honoring both my family and myself.

6. Kai LD

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Given how well my middle name works with my preferred first name I might, when I get a name change, drop my last name entirely. Only thing that makes me hesitate would be hurting my dad's feelings but he does have another son that will probably have kids soon too... Shrug.

7. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd rather just choose one middle name. Not to fit in, but because I don't want my full name to be super long...

8. stormborn

^this. i have two middle names, and it sucks. don't do that to yourself. maybe ask the opinions of your friends and family, and make your decision like that?

9. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not really. I only have one middle name since I think anymore wouldn't make my name sound smooth or linear. Even now, my name sounds a bit weird to me (I plan on possibly hyphenating my name when I get married, so it's even longer and it can take the breath out of you. Goddamn lengthy Italian last names).

10. Owl333

Owl333 Guest

My Dad has four middle names, as well as a first name and a last name. Personally I just want my chosen first name, which is similar to my birth first name, the male version of my middle name and my last name. :slight_smile:

11. Kaylen

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I actually just wish that I had 2 names - my first and my last. Having a middle name in my life has actually caused some confusion - such as people thinking it's my first name because my actual first name is a bit odd. So, I get confused and what have you.

I think having multiple middle names would just make it worse.

12. Wuggums47

Wuggums47 Guest

I wouldn't care. If I wanted two middle names I'd get two middle names.

13. Entrian

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have two middle names and two last names. It's a bit of a mouthful trying to say it out loud so usually I just go by my first and last, and throw in a middle initial if it's required on something. That's my legal name though, for my chosen name I've only cut one of my middle names (Elizabeth) down a bit shorter (Eli), other than that it's the same.

14. black-cat

I have 2 middle names (due to a clusterfuck when my parents divorced and there was a pissing match between my name) and even though I do like my name, it is annoying having it so long, but it depends on the length of the names involved I guess. Almost everyone calls each other by their first and last name, so your middle name(s) are more private, I think it is cool how they often hold a story. And no- I don't feel weird for having a longer name than the rest of my family!