1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yep, another binding/packing advice thread

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Nemo39122, Aug 24, 2014.

1. Nemo39122

So, I recently graduated paramedic school and as a graduation present, my parents gave me a little bit of money. I decided I want to spend it on a proper binder and possibly packer. I'm basically looking for any advice/recommendations on what to definitely not get, what works well/doesn't work well, stuff like that.

As far as binders, I really like the idea of the strapless kind (I don't like anything that makes me feel like I'm wearing a bra...), but do those bind as well? Do they tend to slip down a lot or anything like that? Ones with straps would be fine too, especially if they bind better and still aren't very noticeable. If it matters I'm pretty small-chested (luckily), and just small in general lol I can wear boys size shirts. So yeah, any recommendations based on that?

Now, packers...any tips/recommendations for an STP packer that isn't uncomfortable as hell? I've heard a lot of them can be...

Thanks for any advice! :slight_smile:

2. Litveninko

for binders, theres alot of different ones in shapes and sizes. The one would be best for you is tank, there are also tri-top bender. And with straps. Are you gonna order it online? If so. Check: T-kingdom or T-works. Sports bras works very well too for small chest guys. And for advice : dont wear it too long (8 hours) i'm suggesting to spend your money on a good binder instead of packer. Cause you can pack with soft socks, or just wear boxers, cause they tend to make a big crotch there. So theres no need for packers. But there are heavy/lite packer. I dont remember the site though. Remember USE STPs only when urinating, dont wear it regulary and dont have sex with it.
    P.S: I saw a website about a girl who had very large breasts and made it small. She was 36D and now she is B *.* WITHOUT SURGERY. i'll tell you the way, if you tend to not wear the binder regulary, and get less dysphoria. Good luck

3. birdking

I recommend Underworks. They're not strapless, but they don't feel like bras at all and they're very discreet under clothing. They go for about $30-$40 last time I checked. I'd recommend the Tri-Top, it's half the length and won't roll up :slight_smile:

I've never tried a strapless one, but I'd assume you'd be adjusting it all day. Being discreet while adjusting a binder is a difficult task.

as for packers I don't even pack so I don't know, sorry!

4. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've never had experience with strapless binders. I'd assume they work like back braces and are velcro or have zippers and hooks. You can get them on places like Loveboat. My binder (the Air M from the same site) isn't noticeable to me. Underworks is great, I see the 997 (full length) and 983 (tri-top) mentioned the most. If it's too long on you, tuck it into your pants to avoid roll-up.

With packers, I've only had the Sailor/GV soft pack and it works great. I have a 4.5inch one and I was concerned that the bulge would look too weird, but it's not too big or too small. Masho is superb from what I understand and you can get it for fairly cheap on tranzwear. Mr.Limpy is super common and sites like toolshedtoys have others listed. You could invest in a simply packer and modify it into an STP (there are videos on Youtube explaining it).

Toolshed and I think tranzwear also have STPs for sale, but they can get expensive depending on what you want. I've seen them go from say $12-$55; with Mr. Fenis being a simple silicone STP and stuff up to Lab #1(?) and the STP Fitz being packers as well to my understanding. There are prosthetics that are a 3 or 4 in one that can be used for "pack and play" purposes along with typical packing and STP usage; but those can get super expensive. With the STP Fitz, for example, the recepical is a medicine spoon or a nipple (think of it as going in a cup at the doctor's office).

Harnesses aren't hard to really make. I've modified pairs of my boxers to slip it in and it stays in place just fine. With my specific packer, I've avoided the o-ring method (sewing an o-ring into the elastic band on a pair of boxers).

5. Owl333

Owl333 Guest

Congratulations on your graduation! I have the same problem as you, I dislike feeling like I'm wearing a bra. So I got a binder from underworks that binds my chest but also goes down my stomach, and I don't feel like I'm wearing a bra. Maybe that'll work for you too? Good luck! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride: