1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are STPs dangerous/painful?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Owl333, Aug 25, 2014.

1. Owl333

Owl333 Guest

Someone told me that someone got an STP lost inside them, so now I'm kind of worried. I also don't understand quite how an STP works still. Do you put it inside you and you have it there all day, or do you just kind of adjust it into place? :confused:

2. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    :confused: I've never heard of that happening. That's odd.

The way to look at an STP is like going in a cup at the doctor's office if you ever had to do that. Nothing goes up inside you. You just have to adjust it, again, think of the example. You just line it up with your urethra to maintain a seal so you don't create a mess and have a good stream going basically.

Some people have their STP with them all the time, like an STP packer and some just use it for when they need to go. But no, nothing goes up there really. They aren't dangerous, so you're okay. There might be some discomfort depending on what STP method you go with (ex: medicine spoon, especially having it in your pants all day and what not) but I never heard of them being painful.

3. itsAli

Your urethra isn't inside your vagina... you don't put it in you. You place it against your crotch and pee, there's different types, ones that work as a packer that you keep on you, ones that you just use to pee, there's different styles too, do some research and find out which style may be comfiest for you. As long as you disinfect it and wash it out, you'll be fine

4. Owl333

Owl333 Guest

Ok thanks guys! I'll be sure to do more research on the different types! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride:

5. Carlgustav

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I am confused. Is this question a leg-puller? When I tried to find out what STP might mean, I tried STP - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia but didn't see anything on the list that would fit this context. Sewage Treatment Plant? South Texas Project(a nuclear power plant)?Shovel Test Pit? ???

6. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Nope, you're safe. Honestly, if you're not shoving it up in places it's not meant to go anyway, then your biggest danger is splattering pee all over your jeans at a urinal (and believe me, I speak from experience).

Basically, it depends on what kind you get. The kind I use is a p-stye, so basically it's a long plastic funnel. There's other kinds shaped more like a bottle nipple or a cup.

Mine's about 8 inches long but I wear jeans with huge pockets so if I angle the STP right, I can usually wear it in my pocket all day.

There are some packer and STP combos that allow you to wear it like a packer but you've got the additional use of a medicine spoon like attachment built right in. I don't have personal experience with them but if you're looking for something that could potentially mean less things for you to carry (and if you do wear a packer- they're not for everyone), I'd look into them. Might be a little pricey depending on the model you go with though.

Between my packer and STP, not including shipping, I probably paid about 20 bucks for both. Only issue is, again, what you're comfortable with so I suggest doing your research and seeing what styles you're going to be comfortable with. You're also going to want to practice with your STP for a while at home before going out and having some field experience (believe me, this is something I wish I did).

7. Kai LD

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
  8. stormborn

O_O i can't even imagine how someone got an stp stuck in them? *shudder*

i have a cyclone with a mr limpy packer from tranzwear, you just put it under your junk, hold it there while you pee, and pray it doesn't get everywhere. COMPLETELY painless and safe, and very easy.

9. Hexagon

I doubt you'll have trouble of that kind. Never made an STP work, but I can't say I've ever lost one either. You don't put it inside.

10. Owl333

Owl333 Guest

It means stand to pee device. They're used by female bodied people to stand up peeing.

---------- Post added 25th Aug 2014 at 08:39 PM ----------

That sounds good! :slight_smile: Does it generally work for you or usually get everywhere?

---------- Post added 25th Aug 2014 at 08:41 PM ----------

Thanks for the advice! I'll be sure to practice at home! :lol:

#10 Owl333, Aug 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2014
  11. stormborn

i've only used it a handful of times, so i'm not that great at it yet. this is a little tmi but you really have to control the flow. thankfully it doesn't go everywhere... just leaks a bit.

i can't quite figure out how to pack with it, though. i'm thinking i should have gone for the 5.5", because i got the 3.5" and the tube from the stp is constantly visible. but i'm going to play around with it some more and see if i can get it. otherwise i'm just going to take it apart, and use the stp and packer separately.

12. Owl333

Owl333 Guest

Thanks, sorry if that was too personal. :icon_redf