1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Androgyne hair style advice?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Kaylen, Aug 25, 2014.

1. Kaylen

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So, um, I tend to ramble, but I'm going to just apologize for that first. I'm so so sorry! :icon_redf

I have always been uncomfortable being referred to as female, and with my body and such, and it took me a while to figure out why after years of trying to starve my curves off, and having horrible self-esteem issues. But, um, this really isn't about that.

So I'm trying to take steps forward to looking more androgyne, after realizing I'm non-binary/androgyne. The first step is cutting my hair, but I'm a bit nervous. :help:

Does anyone have any advice for hairstyles/cuts? My face is stubbornly chubby despite my figure, and there's a picture on my profile here if that helps :icon_redf I sort of want the style my avatar has, but I don't think it would suit me? Advice?

(Sorry this is so long!!!! :icon_sad:slight_smile:

2. ThePrideInside4

Well, I'm getting my hair cut this week, and I'm going for more of a boyish style.
    I'm getting a "pixie cut" with side-swooped bangs (I suggest you Google it), and it looks kind of like Anne Hathaway's and your avatar's. I think the style looks great on everyone. It's boyish, yet still feminine with the bangs. :newcolor:

---------- Post added 25th Aug 2014 at 05:16 PM ----------

*And, I went through kind of the same thing you did. I understand completely. If you ever want to talk with me, please feel free. :slight_smile:

3. ThePrideInside4

:slight_smile: Anytime! I'm curvy too, I attempted to starve myself for months to impress a stupid boy. He broke my heart anyway. But I noticed that all of the skinny girls at school were getting noticed, so yeah...
    But that's the past. And I wish you all the best. :newcolor:

4. I am straight up overweight and I have short hair. However, I feel so good and confident in it.

5. wanderinggirl

I have a roundish face; I like to have plenty of hair around the face and sort of comb it forward, like that famous Bieber look, but styled differently on top. Some height on top helps it from looking too young or my face too round or the whole look too feminine.

6. Kaylen

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Is there any way I could see your hair? (Sorry, I'm just super curious! :icon_redf)

7. Owl333

Owl333 Guest

Don't apologize! You didn't ramble at all! :slight_smile: Here's a few styles I found: Yeah! Short Haired Women | Androgynous Hair Cuts & Styles! | Pinterest
    http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100824025529/degrassi/images/d/d9/Adam09.png
    http://womanandhome.media.ipcdigital.co.uk/21348/000008f6f/edc0_orh100000w570/BLONDE-SPIKY04-0056.jpg
    I don't know if that's what your looking for though. Good luck! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride:

---------- Post added 25th Aug 2014 at 08:36 PM ----------

Also I looked at your picture and I don't think your face looks at all chubby.

8. wanderinggirl

Kaylen, accept my friend request and you might be able to see some hair there I think!

9. Kaylen

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Unfair!! What do I have to do to get your features? :O You pull off that hair so well!

---------- Post added 25th Aug 2014 at 11:55 PM ----------

You look good with it :3

Unfortunately, I'm not the confident type! You definitely should be confident though with how great you look!

10. Kaylen

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    To be honest, I'm not really sure. I'm really tempted to go with something edgy but I'm not very confident, and I'm not sure if it would look good :icon_redf

Thank you for your recommendations though!

And aww thank you! (*hug*) But it is a little bit xD

11. wanderinggirl

You don't need my features! You look beautiful!

Work with a hair dresser if you're concerned about taking the plunge; look into hair salons that specialize in edgy hair. I tend to trust stylists who have edgy hair styles themselves, but really anyone reputable will do.

Post some after pics when you get it cut!

12. black-cat

I think a haircut similar to the one in your avatar would really suit you- seriously! You have a gorgeous face and I think you would suit most styles to be honest. It is a very adaptable look to suit your style or face shape, you could always start with an extreme asymmetrical pixie cut to begin with, rather than going straight for the buzzer if you are worried about it. :slight_smile: