1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Really bad dysphoria

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by ctrl alt delete, Aug 26, 2014.

1. ctrl alt delete

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    this is going to be a bit of a rant but I really feel I need some support on this one. Some relevant information, I'm living with my parents for a little while cause I'm just back from living abroad.

So over the past month I've been coming to terms with the fact I want to present/ be more feminine and I've been experimenting a bit and was starting to feel good about myself. I take a lot of pride in my hair and always have and have grown it quite long and recently got it styled. I've lost a bit of hair in the last half a year or so due to some pretty extreme stresses which I'm pretty uncomfortable about tho.

last night my mom came up to me and started messing around with my hair so it showed off my hairline and told me that it was receding and I was probably going to go bald like my uncles. I was incredibly upset about her comments and told her so and also ended up giving out to her about a few other things her and my dad have been doing that have been bothering me (basically prying into my life all the time, questioning my life choices etc. etc.)

I had a really hard day prior to this which I had just told her about, I asked my doctor to put me back on antidepressants, I had to talk to two people about work problems I have and I had to get into an argument with a guy over an apartment I'm meant to be moving into.

my hair is really important to me, the same as anyone who wants to look feminine. and having someone be so casual about it really hurt.
    So basically I was up all night feeling awful about who i am, about going bald, about me never going to be who i want etc. Today I can't even leave my room or look in a mirror.

I'm trying to be positive about it though, I guess I'll maybe wear some more hats or something and (if it gets worse) maybe get a wig in a few years when I have the money.

#1 ctrl alt delete, Aug 26, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2014
  2. Kai LD

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm sorry about your hair. I honestly fear when/if I start to lose mine. Doesn't run in my family hardcore but it it there. (*hug*)

3. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
  4. ctrl alt delete

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    @kai ld, thanks, it's not the end of the world i guess, it just feels really awful and it's a lot to deal with when im just coming to terms with who i am anyway. kinda making me question who i am all over again.

@jay 77 i might check out brewers yeast but I don't know if I really want to get to caught up in trying to use products/ supplements for my hair. If it's going to fall out it's going to fall out, I just need to use what i have to look how I want.

5. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Its like a standard product and should be easily available. I have looked at reputable internet sellers and many customers gave it the highest ratings.
    So its not just a miracle cure.
    Even the mentioned website cites it, so its known.

On food in general, I have, for example, fed cats with a different food. Their hair started to shine and it was really a big difference. So the food can make a difference.

I have made good experiences with it, but its your risk and decision what you do.
    The link above gives further details, like asking a doctor first and avoiding it if using mao antidepressants or having diabetes.

A carton with pressed pills (as food supplement, not baking supplement), organic, no further contents, for a quarter of a year costs about 7 usd.

I like to think of it as a miracle pill before I take it, that might have an effect, too :slight_smile:

#5 jay777, Aug 27, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2014
  6. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I take only small doses... taking too much is useless, the body only takes what it needs.

This is always an option. :slight_smile:

I hope your situation improves soon.
    (*hug*)(*hug*)