1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

queering my gender

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Rabbbit, Aug 27, 2014.

1. Rabbbit

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi guys. I've only recently begun to seriously consider my gender identity - up until recently, I was satisfied to simply think of myself as gay (and occasionally bisexual), though I've always balked at the idea of being a 'man' in any way, shape or form. It just doesn't feel authentic to who I am. I'm now moving into a place where I want to be recognised as genderqueer - but I don't know whether that's just me transitioning, in my head, towards the full reality that I'm trans. It's all confusing right now, with so much else going on in my life, and the daunting idea of having to tell people. I'm taking things slowly right now, I've only had conversations about it with very close friends. It's all overwhelming, but at the same time feels liberating. I'm finally confronting this. I'm glad to have found this place too.

2. Lucaaa

Out Status:
    A few people
    I agree, it is both overwhelming and liberating. Take your time. I'm just barely a step ahead of you in this process and I found it helpful to watch Youtube videos and read about others' experiences on blogs and such. Maybe that would help you too.

3. Kaylen

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think that you've recognized this within yourself, and are taking steps to accept it is beautiful. What's important is that you are happy with yourself - so even it if takes time, it's important to remember just who are you are.

Fortune cookie stuff - but seriously. I wish you luck through your steps to becoming the person you always were.

4. ctrl alt delete

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You've come to the right place :icon_bigg I've started on the same journey here and everyone is very supportive. so welcome! (&&&)

5. wanderinggirl

Hey congrats, if it feels liberating then it's probably the right move for you, whether or not you are actually trans or not.

6. Kai LD

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Glad you're here, Rabbbit. I literally am in the same boat. (*hug*)