1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Still sad about my favourite top getting stolen.

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Damien, Aug 27, 2014.

1. Damien

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Last time I was out dancing, I got quite hot and saw that others had left their clothes scattered across this kind of bench / seat at the back of the club, so I left my beloved black cashmere sweater there, as well. When I came back an hour later, all the clothes were gone, including my sweater. It had great sentimental value to me. It was so soft and lovely, and it was the first piece of feminine clothing I ever loved this much. I can't explain how perfectly it fitted, and how I felt beautiful in it. Every time I think of how, if only I had not left it there like that, and had paid the cloak room instead, it would not be gone, I feel so sad. I have waited to post this because I know it's irrational to get so upset about a lost material object, but it really meant a lot to me, and I don't think I will be able to find one like it again. I had actually originally found it by intuition; I had a vision of just that, a lovely soft black top like that, and was guided to the second-hand store, where I found it, for as very good price. And whenever I wore it, I felt kind of beautiful. I know I should be over it by now but I'm not, and I know I'm being immature and silly. But this is beyond rationality. :icon_sad:

2. Kai LD

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Fuck that sucks. I know what you mean. I've lost lots of objects over the years that hurt to one degree or another. (*hug*)

3. Damien

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thank you for understanding. I suspect that there is a deeper reason I feel this way, as I said it's irrational, I mean I have my health, my kids are ok, I should be able to get over something like this. I think it triggers a deeper sense of sadness of 'having lost something dear to me' that I can't quite put my finger on.

4. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm sorry about that. It sucks to be robbed, especially when the object had sentimental value. Have you checked with the owners of the place and seen if anyone saw who took all of the clothes? Was there a security camera?

5. Damien

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thank you, that's a good idea. I will drop by there and ask them about that.

6. asdfghjk

asdfghjk Guest

I had a tshirt stolen from me (prob by clinic staff) when I was in psych ward. It was some silly little "pugs not drugs" one my mom had got for me when I lived in a different state than her, that I got loads of compliments on and made me feel approachable. It is natural for us to get attached to things, especially when they have a deeper meaning than usual. I am sorry you lost what sounds like such a nice flattering top. I hope you can get it back or find some kind of replacement. It is okay to be upset about this, that sucks!