1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dysphoria help

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Minnie, Sep 1, 2014.

1. Minnie

I had very bad dysphoria yesterday at work a couple of days before. It's more mental, silently freaking out that I'm in the wrong body and feeling that even if I get SRS, I'll not be a real man. It gets so bad I want to be dead. How do I cope with this? When I see myself as a trans person it's easier but when I see myself as male I'm overwhelmed with feelings of not being what I am, thinking about what I don't have. I think it's my next step forward.

2. Wuggums47

Wuggums47 Guest

In my eyes you're already a real man, the rest of the world just doesn't know it yet.

3. anonym

anonym Guest

I get this too. If I think of myself as male I notice every little thing that isn't right and if I were to measure dysphoria on a scale of 1 to 10 and say that 6 or 7 is where I'm at most of the time, when I think of myself as male it goes up to 10 and I literally can't bear to be alive.

I haven't found a way to avoid this so far apart from not thinking of myself as male, and as you say as a trans person instead. I think this is probably why I refer to myself as 'trans' rather than male. The trans label allows me to accept that I am what I am. I'm a man in a woman's body and that's never going to change.

Sorry I can't be of more help. If I find a solution, I'll let you know :thumbsup:

4. sherlock

Out Status:
    A few people
    Sounds like me these couple of days. I'd be fine then all of a sudden it hits me like a truck.

5. Litveninko

you can't change who you are. And honestly I don't think Of me with the word "trans" I feel like male. Your body doesnt make you less of a man. Theres such a thing called trans and queer,etc. To show that you can be more than just Female or Male. Once again, you should love yourself, and accept yourself. Its okay to feel down on some days. YOU are A man. Don't let anyone tell you the opposite. Our gender is in our brain, not down their.