1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A dession

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by MorganPrefect, Sep 4, 2014.

1. MorganPrefect

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    My parents refuse to let me see a transition before I leave the house or their sphere of control(so four years) and with school starting it is hard to function properly now that I can't just tell myself that me being a girl was a stupid idea. I know that I could go back to believing that accepting myself is just a stupid idea and I am a boy no question. But if I did I don't know if I could go back I would spend my whole life talking back dysphoria.

---------- Post added 4th Sep 2014 at 08:12 PM ----------

*start not see sorry

2. Magnus Bane

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    That's sounds pretty rough. Do you think you can wear on your parents so they will change their expectations a little? Alternatively, can you be more of yourself at school, but not at home?
    If you have any friends, I suggest you rely on them to help you through this. Maybe you can use them as an outlet for your feelings and your identity. Convincing yourself that you are someone you aren't doesn't seem like a healthy model, even if it might appear that way in the shorter term.
    I'm sorry that your parents aren't supporting you.