1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help. First week of school

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Kaeden42, Sep 5, 2014.

1. Kaeden42

So Im AFAB and identify as non-binary. I'm out to a bunch of people but only one person at school, but I present very masculinely, and I'm usually read as male. I havn't had an issue with school in the past, because I just cut my hair part way through second semester last year, so everyone in my classes already knew me. Now I have a bunch of new people in my classes who dont know me. Two of my classes I know less than half of the class and none of my teachers.
    At least one of my teachers thinks I'm male, and probably a lot of the students. Most people I'm not really sure what they think. I kinda got to know one guy who I sit near in one of my classes and then he asked me if I'm trying out for soccer. Boys soccer is now but girls isn't until spring. There was no one else around and we were late for class so I just said no, but the longer this goes on, the more worried I get about what's going to happen when people realize. I don't want to live as male, but I'm really uncomfortable correcting people, especially since I don't identify as female either.
    The people who know me use female pronouns and everything but other people dont seem to notice and it doesnt really come up that often anyway. I don't know to do. I wish it wasn't an issue and people could just not care what other people's gender is. I don't want to go around announcing myself as female because a) I'm not and b) I don't think its important. I wish I could just not care, but I know other people will think it's a big deal.
    Sorry if this is a bit confusing, it's late and I'm kind of stressed over this.
    Any advice would be much appreciated.:help:

2. stormborn

honestly, i'd say just do whatever makes you feel best and fuck other people, though i know that's much easier said than done.

you could let other people "correct" them -- that's what i used to do, although my situation was different than yours.

3. Kaeden42

Yeah that tends to be what I do. There's not very many people in those classes that know me though, so it doesn't happen very often. I guess at least that way when it does, there's other people around.