1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First binder came in today...

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Nemo39122, Sep 5, 2014.

1. Nemo39122

(!) <- pretty much describes most of how I feel so far...I should warn you that this is pretty much a random pointless rant because I'm really happy and feel like telling someone about it. :eusa_danc

I had ordered the Tri-Top binder from underworks (thanks for whoever suggested it in my last thread, btw :slight_smile: ) and hoped it would be here before I left to visit friends in Florida. As of right now I still live as female here at home, but as male when I'm there...so I was really hoping I wouldn't have to deal with using ace wraps the whole time again (yes I know its dangerous, but now that problem is solved lol). So yeah, I'm really relieved about that. :slight_smile:

I ordered one size small and one size extra small because I was pretty much in between the two...I tried on the small first, which took me a few minutes and I think I nearly strangled myself once or twice, but I eventually got it lol. So far I'm really happy with how well it binds, and don't know if I'll try on the extra small quite yet...at least until I get better at putting it on without nearly dying or seriously injuring myself, LOL.
    When I first took it out of the package and felt the material I was a little worried about how itchy/uncomfortable it might be, and if I could tolerate it for very long...but its really not uncomfortable at all so far (I've been wearing it for about 6-7 hours). The sides near the bottom and then little spots around my neck/shoulders occasionally itch a little bit, but its not really bothering me much at all.
    It also isn't hurting my ribs, back, or really anywhere at all...yay!

And probably the best part of all....I CAN ACTUALLY BREATHE (ALMOST) NORMALLY!!! (!) (!) (!) Yeah I can't quite breathe as deeply as I can when I'm wearing a regular bra or nothing, but I'm pretty sure I can breathe normally (I cant always tell anymore, lol) and don't feel short of breath or anything like that.

I guess now the only non-100% happy excited relieved feeling part of it is now I'm considering binding during my visit to florida when I go to my friend's karate school with her. Before I didn't, and just presented as female because of the ace wrap's issues with making it hard to breathe, and slipping down, and the hooks breaking...now I don't have to worry about it. I'm just nervous about basically "coming out" to everyone there that remembers me.
    I have an awesome friend that has always said she'll tell people for me and has before in the past (after a bad experience involving passing as male with most of the group of people we were with, except one who heard me referred to as "him," didn't know I'm trans, and was like "that's a girl, honey."...). I guess I'm just still new to the idea of people knowing, so I feel really awkward and just like...exposed, I guess.

Anyway, I think I'll stop ranting now lol :icon_redf
    (Oh yeah, if I decide not to ever use the extra-small binder or if its just way too small for me, I decided I'm going to look into ways to donate it :slight_smile: )

2. stormborn

that was pretty much my reaction when i got my first binder too! :lol: i got the tri-top as well, i was also concerned by the fabric, but it's quite comfortable :slight_smile: