1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I genderfluid?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Gilrin, Sep 5, 2014.

1. Gilrin

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I've read some things about this and I might identify myself as genderfluid, but I'm not sure yet.

There are, indeed, times that I consider myself a girl (most of the time) and other times I feel like a boy. But it's not like a transgender boy feels like a boy. I'm never completely masculine, I just act and want to dress a little more boyish. It's like I'm mostly a girl all the time, but sometimes I'm less girly and I feel like one of the boys.
    Actually, when I was younger, I had phases in which I could be a little bit of a tomboy. I remember hating to use skirts, makeup and be girly in general, and I had this era of my childhood where I mostly acted and dressed like a boy (though I've never said I was one and always thought I was a girl and never cut my hair too short). Note that I said they were phases, some time after I would become girly again.

I don't want to have a male body, or a penis (I think it might be very uncomfortable to have one) and I don't like strapons either. I don't want to completely look like a boy, perhaps a feminine looking boy with really long hair, but never like a cis boy would look.

Also, I'm in a long-term relationship with a guy and I don't have a huge need to tell all these things to him, but what if I want to come out to him as genderfluid some day? He is bisexual (not biromantic though) and understands the concept of transexuality and transgender, but I think he wouldn't understand genderfluidity very well -- and he wouldn't like to know he's dating someone who is not always the same gender, since he's heteroromantic and genderfluidity is a kinda "weird" concept.

Can somebody help me? :3

2. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I would show a bit of the two sides if I feel them... you probably did that anyways...
    so don't you think he knows already that you have kind of a spectrum to offer ?

3. darkcomesoon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you feel like you want to present masculine sometimes, but still feel female inside, then you are not genderfluid. There may be more to your story, but all you have described is sometimes wanting to dress more feminine and sometimes wanting to dress more masculine. Gender presentation does not equal gender.

On your more masculine days, would you like to be seen as a guy (a feminine guy) and referred to as one? Do you feel you are really male on those days or do you just want to wear more masculine clothing?

4. Gilrin

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    No, I don't feel really male.
    Hmm so I guess I'm not genderfluid. Thank you :icon_bigg