1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

not feeling like any gender=agender?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by jaska, Sep 6, 2014.

1. jaska

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you are someone who identifies as a binary gender but dosnt feel like any gender, then was there a time when you thought that you were agender, or something else other than binary?

2. Nekoko

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Mmmm yeah... I mean I always wanted to be a girl, but there was a time when I thought transitioning was impossible for me, so I just tried to be both.. (genderfluid I guess?) At the time I still embraced my masculine side. Because it was a part of me, even now its still a part of me. But as I've gotten deeper and deeper into my femininity I started to feel despair, and I realized it wasn't enough to be both... Not for me. I needed to dive deeper and become the girl I knew I was. That's also the time I decided I was going to fully transition, I'm still in the process there but yeah!

Edit: I may have misunderstood the question a bit, that's my bad ^^;; I'm do feel like a girl after all~ but I hope this answer is still okay?

#2 Nekoko, Sep 7, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2014
  3. Kai LD

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Sometimes I would have a cognitive dissonance where I felt like the way I felt couldn't be correlated to being a woman internally whereas it did not feel at all male. But I think that is because I am better learning who I am as a person without recourse to external reference.

Uh tl;dr Sometimes? :slight_smile:

4. Acm

Acm Guest

Yeah I used to identify as agender, before I realized I was actually male. I think there's more to being a gender than just a feeling though, and I'm not very masculine so I was confused about that for a while, but eventually I realized

5. Nightdream

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah, but my female identity showed it's strenght in some occasions so I just ended up by believing it meant I was actually a female. I believe that many people thought they were agender before they understood what it meant to be a gender, it doesn't mean that every agender is going through a phase, of course. Saying that every agender will "grow out of it" and figure out that they were a binary gender is as much as harmfull as saying that every is bisexual person "doesn't want to accept they are homosexual" or that they are "LGBT friendly" when they end up by having a partner of the opposite sex.

Just writing this before anyone come with the wrong conclusion.

6. Nychthemeron

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Actually, not really. I went as genderfluid because of my on-and-off dysphoria. Like right now, I'm not really feeling like any particular gender, but I still prefer to be perceived as male, so I decided I was a binary trans man. It's been pretty accurate. So far.

7. Wuggums47

Wuggums47 Guest

I don't really feel like I strongly fit in to any specific gender, but I've decided to settle on female because I'm close enough to it.

8. Kai LD

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Also there is so much baggage emotionally speaking... When I try to imagine exactly what I want, who I am, without fear or anxiety, things become more clear. Sometimes they are a muddle since I have no idea how good or bad trying to live as I want will be in the real world and it can be very daunting.