1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Could this be why?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Jinkies, Sep 8, 2014.

1. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So, I've just come across an article that might explain at least part of the dysphoria I get. The article is from IFL Science, aka I fucking love science.

Something that I'd been confused about ever since it started becoming a thing was the fact that I absolutely hate getting a stiffy whenever it's not sexy time, and I especially loathe morning wood. Those are the times I really wish I had no genitalia, because it's always those times when I end up falling asleep when I need to stay awake. But I'd always figured there was something else behind it, and perhaps this is part of it. The article mentions several possibilities that all lead to some large release of testosterone. And whenever it's in play with anything else in my body, I wish I could take the stuff, put it in a jar and explode it in the middle of a desert. But I'm always confused about it, because everybody else who's MAAB that I know not on EC seems to enjoy it like it's free cotton candy, and meanwhile, to me, it's like a very overcooked souffle that I never want to take part in (but I'm fed it anyway).

Here's the article: Why Do Men Get Erections In The Morning? | IFLScience

Does anybody else think this could be a possibility that might lead to why gender dysphoria is a thing?

2. Nychthemeron

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Maybe. I remember someone earlier saying something about dysphoria and hormones, like "The reason why so many transgender people transition is because our hormones are lying to us."

3. Wuggums47

Wuggums47 Guest

I didn't read the article, but I think it has something to do with a full bladder pressing on the prostate.