1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I don't know what I am.

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Voy, Sep 10, 2014.

1. Voy

Voy

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I haven't really posted anything but in the welcome threads, as I've been busy with work and figuring myself out.

I guess I'll just throw out some facts and hope you can all give me some advice here.

I'm a female, born that way, yes. And I love that. I love the fact one day I could carry a child and that I have breasts and that I'm soft.

However, about a year ago I cut my hair short, "G.I. Jane" style, if you will, and it's been that way ever since.
    I feel cute with short hair, I think it looks good most days, I think I have a nice face now, when I used to not think so.
    I'm against wearing makeup, that just isn't me. I don't wear bras to accentuate my breasts.
    In fact I normally wear some graphic tee from the men's section at Wal-Mart, and some running shoes and jeans/basketball shorts.
    It's what's comfortable and I think I look fine.

But I get called sir more often than ma'am when being served at a restaurant. I don't really mind that so much anymore.
    I just don't feel comfortable all the time with how I am, and I don't know how to gain the confidence to make it work.

...help?

---------- Post added 10th Sep 2014 at 03:49 PM ----------

Addendum to that:

I feel, in a way, androgynous. I think that's the word.
    Like I'm stuck somewhere in between female and male.
    Of course I love my femininity. But at the same time the masculine the a about me I would like to accentuate.

2. Dinah

Third star to the right & straight on til morning.
    Sounds more like a matter of self image rather than gender identity. I wish I had some sage advice for you but I'd be a hypocrite for saying something. I identify as trans, extreme self loathing, no self esteem etc. I do sympathize with you trying to discover what makes you feel "right".

3. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    You might have a look at this:
    http://emptyclosets.com/forum/gender-identity-expression/150966-androgyne-identity.html#14
    and this:
    Am I Transgender or Transsexual - Teens Wonder Am I Transgender or Transsexual

The tg spectrum goes i.e. from people living with almost androgynous appearance, to styling more like the preferred gender, etc..
    Of course the list is not all possible options.
    It's up to you to collect further information...
    You might also for example talk to a gender therapist or someone from an lgbt center, if that's what you want.

I would do things I'm comfortable with, don't feel pressured to do something... its your decision...
    I`d go with the feeling of joy...
    There is no only one right way to do this.
    Its your choice what you want to do...

4. Nightdream

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Just go ahead and do what makes you feel comfortable.

5. darkcomesoon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You seem like you're perfectly comfortable with your gender but prefer to present more androgynously. Just wear whatever makes you most comfortable, and if you're not sure exactly what that is, experiment until you find something that works for you.