1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When will you feel "complete"

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by NingyoBroken, Sep 11, 2014.

1. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

First of all, sorry if this offends anyone, not trying to say you're not a real man/woman just the way you are now or anything

And sorry if this is the wrong board

But I'm just curious, as to how much you guys want to transition before you feel like you are okay with your body.

As for me, I want to get top surgery and HRT. But I'm poor so I feel like if ultimately I can never have both, having one or the other would definitely make me feel a lot better with myself. I don't want bottom surgery, don't get me wrong, I hate my downstairs as much as the next guy, but I guess bottom surgery is just not for me.

So what about you?

2. KayJay

I think I will never feel like I can say I have "fully" transition. I really would like surgery downstairs and I can get it covered cost wise if I go through a quite difficult process over a year to "prove" I'm trans, I guess. I think I will end up doing it all eventually. Hormones have made me feel a lot better already, right now I'm just struggling with the idea of surgeries.

3. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When I'm out fully and have hormones to feminize. I can live without operations. I'm too old for that. Tired of being half time female.

4. Minnie

I think when I look in the mirror and don't feel a surge of hate of what I see. When my shape is less curvy. When my torso looks boyish rather than flattened out. When my face looks like a guy's and I don't just look pre-surgery trans, but a guy. When I can talk naturally with a deeper voice. When I can mentally just be a man without worrying about how I look and what parts I have. Some phalloplasties look all wrong yet I think I'd rather have something of a penis than nothing. That said, the stimulation parts of female genitals are a lot smaller than males', and I don't know if I'd want to lose sensation or not. Probably not.

5. JustJJx

It's difficult being genderfluid because some days i want a female body to match how i feel and other days i'm happy with my male body...so yeah, either way i'd be missing something!

6. Hexagon

When I get a vaginectomy. I don't really care about a cock, but I suppose that's nice too.

7. Acm

Acm Guest

I definitely plan on taking hormones and getting top surgery, but I'm sort of unsure about the bottom surgery because I've heard that they can't fully replicate male genitalia so...
    I would still kind of like it though because I do have a lot of bottom dysphoria so I might end up needing it

8. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

Yeah that's the reason I don't want it as well. Plus my pain tolerance is horrible and the healing process for that is worse than top surgery...

9. stormborn

i think i will feel more complete once on hormones... when my voice is deeper, i have less curves, my arms less tiny. mostly the voice.

10. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    When people see me as a boy and don't misgender me or think I'm still a girl. The main reason I have body dysphoria is because it adds to the social dysphoria of being misgendered. I don't have bottom dysphoria most of the time since no one can see down there, but I have top dysphoria and hate how girly my face, voice, and hair is. This is all because no one sees me as a guy with those features.

11. clockworkfox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    When I look sufficiently boyish. Namely, when I no longer need to worry about having and attempting to hide curvy bits. Also when I've masculinized enough for my voice to finally drop.

12. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I might be negative, but I doubt I'll ever feel complete or whole; even if I go the whole nine with transitioning. I see hormones, top surgery and a hysto in my future--but I don't know if it will be enough to put me at ease.

13. And

And

I think top surgery will make the biggest difference for me. If it wasn't for the size of my breasts I could probably pass as male.They're always what gives me away and I absolutely hate them. Once they're off I think people will treat me as a man. I'll already have been on T for a while by then any way.