1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think I'm Genderqueer/genderfluid

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Kimika, Sep 14, 2014.

1. Kimika

When I first came to you guys here at EC, I wasn't completely sure what I was but I knew that I wasn't who I believe I truly am. I thought I was transsexual MtF, but I can't really see myself completely as a full female. After being a part of this community and through some personal growth, guided a little by my therapist and some speakers that I had heard, I realized that by trying to be overtly feminine was another form of conforming to society.

That's when I saw the idea of being androgyne or genderqueer. It actually felt right when I said it to myself and when I examined certain aspects of myself. I can also much easier picture myself and imagine myself in this way. Another thing that made me realize this is that I don't suffer from dysphoria in that I hate my penis. I hate my masculine appearance and wish for it to be more feminine, my body and my face. Just wanted to get your feedback. Thanks for listening :icon_bigg

2. Yosia

You sound a lot like me and i identify as agender/androgyne too. ^.^

3. Nightdream

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Genderqueer/androgyne seems to fit you and if that's how you feel most comfortable to identify as that, go ahead.

4. JustJJx

Genderfluid/androgyne is what i identify as yeah, fits me well!
    Just remember, be yourself ^_^ *huggles*

5. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    You might have a look at this:
    Am I Transgender or Transsexual - Teens Wonder Am I Transgender or Transsexual
    and this:
    http://emptyclosets.com/forum/gender-identity-expression/150966-androgyne-identity.html#14

The transgender spectrum goes i.e. from people living with almost androgynous appearance, to styling more like the preferred gender, to taking hormones, to srs.
    Of course the list is not all possible options.
    It's up to you to collect further information...
    You might also for example talk to a gender therapist or someone from an lgbt center, if that's what you want.

I would do things I'm comfortable with, don't feel pressured to do something... its your decision...
    There is no only one right way to do this.
    Its your choice what you want to do...

6. Kimika

I've definitely had struggles growing up having to suppress what I wanted to do and how I wanted to look, or what I wanted to wear because they weren't considered "manly". I'm FINALLY learning to not care what people think of me and trying to be myself more and do what "I" want to do and not conform to what society or what my upbringing tried to ingrain in me.

Shedding: An Act of Immortality | KM Huber's Blog

This is a link to a story by Mark Nepo that really resonated with me A LOT about being your true self and not conforming because sometimes when we do conform, it can eat away at our true selves and spirit and destroy us bit by bit.

7. JustJJx

You stay awesome!! ^_^

8. Kafei

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Your gender identity is up to you and no one else. Your courage to do what you wish is very inspiring. Just keep being yourself, and don't let anyone tell you who you can and can't be!

9. swan32145

swan32145 Guest

Kimika, to be truly honest sometimes you have to exaggerate a bit, so I'll put it out there that nobody REALLY identifies with just one gender, even those who are cis-gender. You see ordinary women do "masculine" things all the time, and you only see men do "feminine" things less because they're judged more harshly for it. It's a spectrum, people can be nearly all female or nearly all male, but you can't really be just masculine or feminine; you can only act that way. It sounds like total bull !@#$, I know, but it's very true that sex is almost only about stereotypes, and people feel they have to conform to those stereotypes. I'm not saying everybody is trans, that would be crazy, but we all witnessing the human experience and gender/sex is a part of that experience. Ordinary, cis-gendered children often role play as the opposite sex. Why? Well, it's not because they're transgendered, but the curiosity and the feelings exist, just on a greatly reduced scale. This is possibly true for every single person on the planet, though it can't be proven. Everybody's conforming in one way or another, so nothing your feeling is unusual, it's just you, an ordinary, everyday person. So what if you don't feel a need to conform to any one gender identity when none of us really identify as just that.