1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Genderqueer vs Genderfluid?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Ariel784, Sep 14, 2014.

1. Ariel784

Ariel784 Guest

What's the difference between the two terms can someday explain please?:slight_smile:

2. SavMachine

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I am genderfluid and the reason I identify as that is because I feel like my gender moves around a lot and is, well, fluid! I know that gender as a concept can be fluid, but there are days that I feel as though I want to present to the world as male, days I want to present as female, and days I want to present as something in between. I am not comfortable being in the middle ground (or any particular spot, really) all the time, and I feel as though the fluidity of my gender goes beyond the normal feeling-a-bit-more-masculine-today or getting-in-touch-with-my-feminine-side that other identities face.

Genderqueer, on the other hand, is a little bit more solid in its expression. Although its not necessarily neutral or bang in the middle, it is a lot steadier and more constant, without being either male or female :slight_smile:

That's what I have been lead to believe, anyway :slight_smile:

3. Tigermilk

Yup... genderqueer is that, or so I'm also under the impression... and I am pretty sure I'm genderqueer... it's been a hard struggle trying to identify with anything, but I feel good saying that.

I am sorry for not really adding anything to the discussion... solidarity, I suppose? I don't know, I've only found myself recently... and it feels nice to say things outloud sometimes... granted, this is in type, but you know what I mean. :slight_smile:

4. darkcomesoon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Genderqueer is often used as an umbrella term to refer to any nonbinary identity, including genderfluid. Some people choose a more specific term to describe themselves within the genderqueer umbrella, while some people feel most comfortable simply identifying as genderqueer.

5. Sanna

Lol, I am genderqueer because I identify as cis-female for the most part because I like acting like a female and dressing like one but occasionally feel like just a living, thinking being who enjoys learning who doesn't really feel much like anything when it comes to the concept of gender