1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need advice ;-;

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by angelicAsshole, Sep 15, 2014.

1. angelicAsshole

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    :help: Hello my fellow human beings. I am contacting you because I need help. I think I might be transgender. I've never really felt like a girl, and the thought of being a guy has always seemed better to me. I've never talked to my parents about my confusion with my lady parts and how I didn't want them to be lady parts, but I guess I shouldn't say I've ALWAYS felt this way. I started feeling very uncomfortable, awkward and unhappy with my gender when I was around eleven I think? I'm thirteen now, and the feeling has only gotten stronger. It's not a problem, admitting it to myself. I can say it outloud. I think im a boy. My issue is, where do i go from here? :help:

2. Nightdream

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It's pretty common for transgender people to show signs of gender dysphoria at the beginning of their teens, so it doesn't really invalidate your feelings.
    Do you plan on coming out to your family or friends? Do you know if they're LGBT supportive?

By what you wrote on your profile, you're still not sure about your gender identity. Is there anything you'd like to ask about it?

3. stormborn

eleven is around the start of puberty, when secondary sex characteristics start to be defined, so it definitely isn't uncommon to start questioning your gender at that age.

i think the best thing to do is to keep pondering it. try experimenting with clothes and your gender expression: do you feel more comfortable when you present and look more masculine? how do you see yourself in five, ten, or fifteen years? (a hard question -- i know)

you could also consider going to see a therapist who has experience with transgender people in order to help you figure these things out, if you can manage it. it can be very helpful to sit down and discuss these things with someone who knows what they're talking about :slight_smile:

4. And

And

I think I had similar feelings around that time and I really wish that I'd acted on them earlier now. If you can, try talking to a therapist or doctor.