1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think I might be agender but...

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by jaska, Sep 17, 2014.

1. jaska

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've been thinking more, and realised that calling myself a guy dosnt really feel right. Also I don't feel like a guy when I compare myself to other guys. I don't think I feel female either, and I get dysphoria when people treat me as a girl. So I'm pretty sure I'm not binary and for now agender seems to feel like it fits the best for me. But on the other hand, I really really want to transition. ftm. I strongly feel that my body should be more masculine, like in my mental picture of myself I have a lot more masculine/androgynous body. It's a bit blurry, so I'm not sure JUST how much more masculine my body should be, but yeah. I don't know what I am or what I should do right now, I'm starting to plan my coming out process but obviously I want to know what im going to call myself first. Is there anyone else on here who identifies as other than binary but who wants to transition? Fully or partially? Also I was wondering if you are gender fluid, could transition be something to consider or would it even be help? Thank you:kiss:

2. SavMachine

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I'm gender fluid and I can see where you are coming from. Some days I feel like transitioning in some way would be worthwhile where as others I am comfortable with my body the way I am and don't want to change it. I am afab and I bind most days, which is what I feel comfortable doing.

Remember that gender and sex are different, friend :slight_smile: Transition is to make yourself feel more at home in your own body regardless of gender identity and if you feel that would make you feel better about your body and you would feel more 'you' it is not limited to just female-to-male trans people. You can still transition and not identify with the gender binary :slight_smile:

3. Yosia

Im agender but i want to transition to androgynous.

4. Entrian

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm agender and I want to partially transition, HRT and maybe bottom surgery in the future. It's totally normal to be any gender and want to transition, it's especially hard with nonbinary genders to get validation to transition because we're seen as being 'in the middle' and that's not really respected. In the end, identify how it makes you feel comfortable and do with your body what you will. No one can tell you you're doing it wrong if it's your life.

5. jaska

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    thank you for the replies guys. I think I always kind of felt like I wasn't completely male, but I tried to ignore it because I thought I wouldn't be able to transition if I identified as something else. I don't think I could live the rest of my life being read as female, but I just feel like I'd be more comftable being seen as male and having a male body. Though I also feel like my gender does kind of change between agender and male, but most of the time I feel agender. :slight_smile:
    I feel so relieved, like I don't have to try to be something im not now, and it feels really good!