1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what to wear

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Bree85, Sep 17, 2014.

1. Bree85

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hi everyone, I don't know what to wear the things I like don't look right in the crotch region, plus I really don't have breast at least not yet so I cant wear lower cut shirts. I'm not saying I want to dress slutty just sexy. Another problem I have I tried to do my make up and that didn't go well at all; I looked ridiculous. I cant get the eye shadow right, I cant conceal my facial hair, and lip line forget it its all wavy. I use to watch my ex do her make up all the time so I thought this would be little easier. Anyone have some cheap ways to fix any of this.

---------- Post added 17th Sep 2014 at 04:25 PM ----------

And BTW I did get one thing right lip stick that came out fabulous.

2. clockworkfox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    There are bras out there that are designed to add 2 cup sizes. They're not cheap - bras in general are expensive - but they exist, and might help you to get away with some shirts that are cut a little lower. There are also breast forms out there if you want to play with something like that. I'm not sure how they work, just that they're out there.

What sort of things do you like to wear? Have you tried a-line skirts? They're not tight, so they might be more forgiving. What about pleats? A lot of cis girls avoid them because of thin culture, since pleats add visual bulk, but that might be a positive thing on a trans girl - adding in curves to your hips and thighs. I'd avoid plaid pleats though - it's regarded as a trampy look. A lot of women's wear is very tight in the crotch region. Have you tried tunics? If you're tall they might be more challenging to find, but because they're longer, they might help hide that area.

As for makeup - cheap makeup, decent brushes. No need to shell out for Sephora when you're still practicing, but I definitely recommend investing in brushes. I'd advise brushes for everything too, at least everything powder. Most powder cosmetics come with cosmetic sponges and sponge applicators, but I don't recommend using them. They're awful to work with and everything will come out heavy. Makeup's usually applied all over, in different parts - foundation, blush, eyes, lips. Foundation and blush especially you want to have a light hand with, to avoid things looking clowny. Liquid eyeliner is great when you have a steadier hand, but a nightmare until you get used to it. Start with the ever terrifying pencil eyeliner. You can dull the point of it a bit on your hand or a paper towel before trying to put it on your eyes. For the eyeshadow, you usually want to highlight the inner corner and shadow the outer corner of the eye. I am not sure how this is achieved properly. Voodoo I presume.

3. Bree85

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    That has been some great advice I am going to look into some of these. I am very simple I like to wear jeans and shorts mostly I am not completely out but even when I am would wear skirts and dresses for going out but day to day I don't know. Bras I have a couple bras the add 2 cups but just not enough tissue for them to work right I got sized and I am a be but the definitely don't me me a d maybe a c but not really sure. I am hoping that when I start hormones that will change however I am far from that. Make up has been really hard for me I am hoping that I can find. A friend soon that accepts me and can teach me. For now I will look for those brushes. Oh and as for the breast forms that are in the hundreds so they can keep them lol. Thank you for your advise.

4. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    The transgender spectrum goes i.e. from people living with almost androgynous appearance, to styling more like the preferred gender, to taking hormones, to srs.
    Of course the list is not all possible options.
    It's up to you to collect further information...
    You might also for example talk to a gender therapist or someone from an lgbt center, if that's what you want.

I would do things I'm comfortable with, don't feel pressured to do something... its your decision...
    There is no only one right way to do this.
    Its your choice what you want to do...

You might have a look at this:
    http://emptyclosets.com/forum/gender-identity-expression/151212-makeup-tips.html

and this:
    http://emptyclosets.com/forum/anony.../147192-transitioning-where-do-i-start.html#2

#4 jay777, Sep 17, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2014
  5. Emulator

6. Bree85

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Thanks Jay I am going the LGBT center in my area on Monday. I have been doing some research but a lot of ideas cost a lot of money and that's something I am Struggling with right now. I don't dress full time; I do mostly at night and around one person that I have befriended lately. I am not letting anything stop me from doing what I want to do; I did that 2 yeas ago and I have been hurting ever since. I did that and have been hurting ever since. Its time to be me.

---------- Post added 18th Sep 2014 at 12:31 PM ----------

Emulator great link I am going to try that today after my shower Thank you

7. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Personally I wear dresses or skirts with more of an a line.

I don't do skinny jeans or bodycon dresses due to not tucking.

Also I have breastforms so as long as I have a bra on... it's ok. But I also fear them popping out so I don't wear deep neck tops.

8. Bree85

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Thank you Kasey I know this is going to be a slow process. I will also face trial and era. I see all the beautiful m2f women and want to look like that now but I know I cant rush beauty.

9. JustJJx

Just be patient Bree, this process takes time! But i'm sure you will look beautiful once you have everything figured out! :slight_smile:
    I'm still figuring out all this female clothing too, so you're not alone in that :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

10. Bree85

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Thank you, I am learning more and more everyday. I am getting more support than ever before on here and facebook. Also I have support of a few friends. This is becoming an unbelievable process. I am starting to love the change.