1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any transguys want facial hair?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by RayXxx, Sep 17, 2014.

1. RayXxx

RayXxx Guest

I was just curious. I always see cis guys at school with facial hair or breads and I end up getting jealous, because it would be nice to have the option to grow some facial hair. I know T helps with that but from most transguys I have seen, T only gives them light or hardly any facial hair.

2. KayJay

I don't quite relate to the feeling, I was the opposite until basically all of my face hair was lasered and electrified.

Buuuuut I used to go to these meetings when I had just came out, mostly for my parents since it was a parent/youth thing. One night they had a trans man come in to speak to everyone. He had a full goatee, my parents actually didn't know he was the speaker until the whole presentation had started.

I know that everyone reacts differently to hormones but hopefully you'll be able to grow the facial hair you would like or have the option.

3. An Gentleman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I think it's more of a genetics thing than a hormones thing.
    Testosterone is likely to give transitioning men with hairy relatives a lot of hair. It's likely that you have a small sample size or your friends haven't been on T very long.

As a Chinese guy, I'll probably end up with a "pube stache".

#3 An Gentleman, Sep 18, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2014
  4. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I would want barely any, if any. I already grew lots of peach fuzz as a female, and sideburns that I shaved off. I'm a feminine guy.

5. RainbowGreen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I love hair!!! I want some hair on my face, legs, arms, belly, ect. I want to have hair all over the place!!

6. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I do. I see guys (trans or cis) with "fancy" facial hair and I get a little jealous.

7. anonym

anonym Guest

Maybe it's something to do with having been socialized as female but I'm not too keen on hair in general. I think facial hair looks really good on some men and I do get a little jealous but I see an equal number of men who I think would look better if they just shaved it all off. :grin: As for body hair, I'm not too keen at all but I know if I choose to go on t I won't get to choose how much I gain.

8. Oddish

Oddish Guest

I don't like it. I have to shave every couple days, or else I have patches of stubble and sideburns that look awful. Facial hair doesn't suit me any, but I guess it can look nice on others. So, if anyone wants it, you can take it.

I'm pretty happy about the rest of the hair I have though. I don't shave anywhere else.

9. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

YES!!!

Of course, I do. Even if I've gotta shave, I just want a little stubble or a little 5 o'clock shadow.

I'd fucking love a beard but just going off of family history, my prospects ain't good. None of the guys in my family can grow a beard worth shit. I might be a late bloomer though, guess it's hard to tell considering I'm not even on T yet.

But I know I'd look amazing with a well-groomed beard, just saying.

10. Acm

Acm Guest

It would be nice to have the option, I'm not sure if it would look good on me though.

11. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I would love to at some point have facial hair. I have a little coming in right now, so I'm holding out hope that more comes in :slight_smile:

12. Nychthemeron

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Facial hair, nah. Maybe a little tiny stubble, but mostly, no.

body hair, on the other hand

13. Kafei

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I definitely wish I had the option. I don't know how it'd look, but you never know unless you get to try.

14. clockworkfox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I prefer to be clean shaven.

But if I could grow a fancy moustace you bet I would. Just for a bit. Just because. :grin:

15. FrereApothicair

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Facial hair, absolutely yes. I want either nice long sideburns and a beard/stache combo if I don't go bald (my dad started losing his hair at 20, holy crap), or a full mountain man beard swallowing my face if I do. Arm and leg hair, yes. Chest and back hair, no. Unless I go completely bald, in which case, full-on lumberjack is what I'm planning on.

16. RaveOnSpaceboy

I definitely want the option, yeah.
    I mean, I have no interest in the hipster lumberjack beard look, but stubble is awesome, close kept Matt 8erninger beards are awesome. I definitely want to have facial hair.
    I have some faith in this, too because my father had a very thick beard all my childhood, and my brother is pretty hairy. So, fingers crossed.

17. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

I have always said it's just not for me

But lately I've been thinking, maybe a little

18. stormborn

heck yes. i doubt i could pull it off, but facial hair is very appealing. i like the feeling of stubble, no idea why :lol:

19. MelDrake

Out Status:
    A few people
    Yes. Very yes. Pretty much the only physical dysphoria I have is with the fact that I can't grow my own facial hair. (most of my trans-ness is more mental/social- I don't care that much how my body is shaped as long as it functions). Don't want any more body hair though.
    But if I could have a fancy beard... and sideburns... and a moustache...
    I know I'd have to shave but that's the fun part- I could have all kinds of fun/crazy styles to experiment with whereas when I'm a girl I can pretty much only be clean-shaven...

20. Manta

Some stubble or a five o'clock shadow, yes, but not back or chest hair which it seems likely I'd get.