1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Expressing without telling.

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Abdadhie, Sep 18, 2014.

1. Abdadhie

I posted this earlier but in the wrong place...

So I'm 80 percent sure I was meant to be a girl but I'm not ready to come out ad transgender. I've been talking about transgender things it to people but not coming out. Anyway I mentioned it to one of my best friends and his response shocked me. He called transgender people 'trannys', a word I hate so I asked him to refer to them as transgender and he started calling them skanks. Then he started bagging trans people out by saying stuff like 'why can't they stick with what they are' and 'If it says male on their f*****g passport then they're f*****g male'. I was close to coming out and I assumed that he would be cool with it because he was fine when I came out as gay but It looks like i was wrong. I'm not sure if he is just closed minded, transphobic or just uneducated but he's really pissing me off.

So, I've decided to hint it to everyone before I come out. Make it less of a shock and cop less criticism. What are some good ways to do this? Your help is so much appreciated!

2. KayJay

I am really sorry to hear about your friend. I had a friend like that and after I came out he still talks to me and isn't rude anymore. I don't know if he is truly ok with it or just hides it. Granted I haven't seen him in 4 years so all he has seen is my facebook pictures. So perhaps if/when you come out he will change?

What you could do is start feminizing ever so slightly, bit by bit. If you don't already wear slimmer jeans. Start using very light makeup perhaps. Even try to alter your walk, cross your legs or use more feminine hand gestures too. Don't start it all at once though, just bit by bit change some of these things or do other things that you can think of that are more feminine. I know someone who did that and never even really came out to her parents. She just started transitioning slowly and kind of just told her parents she is a woman now and they said they knew because of basically everything she slowly did.

I am not sure if that helps at all. Hopefully it does a bit.

3. Abdadhie

Good Ideas! I really hopes he accepts it soon. Thanks for that!