1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A question for the Ladies.

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Abdadhie, Sep 19, 2014.

1. Abdadhie

So I'm going to come out as trans by the end of next term (mid december) but I want to prepare people. Another EC member recommended that start wearing very light makeup. I liked this idea so thats what I'm going to do. So, my question is what type should I get. I want something pretty basic and light. Thanks for the help! :icon_redf

2. SockPuppet

I'd say start simple, stuff that might be noticed, but just as easily written off as nothing, like some light foundation, maybe some mascara to enhance your lashes. I've also found tinted lip balm is fantastic...subtle, but you know it's there. I'm not out at work yet, but I'm not going out of my way to hide it anymore, either, so that's what I've been wearing, and well as some subtle eyeliner.

3. JessicaWolfess

This. Also maybe wearing tighter clothes like a ladies singlet and or skinny jeans that make your bum more prominent? Just something no one would really think twice about

4. Stacy in MA

On the foundation front, perhaps you could try a mineral or powder foundation - they can be noticeable but more subtle than a liquid or something heavier. As far mascara and eyeliner go, I have found brown or brown/black, applied sparingly can do very nice things for your eyes but again be quite subtle. Honestly, I would wear all of these daily in guy mode if I could get away with it.

There are lots of things you can try depending on how much you are comfortable with and how much time/money you want to spend. Applying a slightly lighter color powder (with no shimmer!) just above the brows, under and to the outside of the eyes, on the bridge of the nose, above the upper lip, and on the point of the chin, and a slightly darker powder under the cheek bones, the sides of the nose, and just under the lower lip can, with practice, allow you to subtly change the shape of your face. This is definitely a more advanced maneuver and done incorrectly would not be at all subtle :icon_wink

Whatever do decide to do, I hope you have fun with it! :slight_smile:

5. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian